This came tonight. Www.stockinteriors.com

91B16AHB
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Re: 1990 civic std project.

Post by 91B16AHB »

So you call this slow progress?
Everything seems to be coming together :thumbleft:
And will an acura crx seat on the 90's era fit my 90 dx?

janz3n
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by janz3n »

Meh. Seems slow to me. Everything has been disassembled but I haven't bought Much to put it back together yet. I still need lots of interior pieces. Won't be getting an engine till the new year.

2 Stroke Toy Chest
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by 2 Stroke Toy Chest »

janz3n wrote:Meh. Seems slow to me. Won't be getting an engine till the new year.
if thats slow my pace must be turtle like haha

new year ??? so the motor gets shipped after jan 01 :D jk what did you decide on for a heart

janz3n
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by janz3n »

I'm so confused with what to go with. I want something easy so I'm thinking first gen b16. I hate wiring so it seems like a good route. I could always find a 2nd gen later on and convert it. I can get a full swap from a jdm shop with linkage axels trans and engine with LSD for about 2500.

IHeartMySTD
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Post by IHeartMySTD »

janz3n wrote:This came tonight. http://Www.stockinteriors.com
I came across this site a few years back....and was gonna order some interior for my EJ2, but I wasnt forsure about them...and I honestly kinda forgot about the site, but lemme know how everything fits man....Im gonna be needing some new carpet for my hatch.
90 ED6 aka The STD, project
89 EE2 aka The Swaggon' Wagon, daily
95 EJ2, "RACE CAR"

janz3n
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by janz3n »

iv heard really god reviews about these carpets and then a few bad ones about not fitting right. iv had this carpet sitting on a bed flat for 4 days inside to let it take its shape. looks like it will fit great with some trimming. its not going in untill i get a brake booster and do my mpfi wiring so i wont know about the fitment for a while. thinking of heading to the junk yard today to see what i can get.

janz3n
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by janz3n »

today i went to the junk yard and found a couple si's. unfortunately both had horrible interiors, one had blue rear panels. but i managed to get some things i needed. didnt notice that one front seat belt was blue until i got home. found another guy on a local forum that has some si interior parts but hes taking for ever to reply.

cleaned the interior finally. and just testing the center console.

deddth
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Post by deddth »

janz3n wrote:traction bars
i love mine. :)
yay.

janz3n
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by janz3n »

probably wont be doing a traction bar till next winter.

well, after a bit more reading i decided to do a wire tuck. figured i could handle the task and stop being lazy. it really does make the bay look so much better.
started with the drivers side, took all the wire loom and tape off. then i removed the dash to make it easier to see what i was doing. then marked all the coloured wires coming off the plugs ( all the black wires go to a common ground so it didnt matter. then i cut all the plugs off and routed the wires through the hole that was plugged in front of the door.
mounted the common ground, not sure if its a good spot but it seems like its going to work. now that i think about it, kind makes more sense to put it closer to all the plugs. oh well. only soldered two grounds so far.

started passenger side tuck. this is gonna take up a lot of my time along with the mpfi wiring.

anyways, thats it for a week or two. heading to ontario for the holidays.

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

Definitely the passenger side is the real pain in the ass, a lot more wires, grounds, relays and sensors are in that side.
GL ;) .
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)
Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread

janz3n
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by janz3n »

]so i headed to fort Saskatchewan today to look at this b18b1, skunk 2 coilovers and dc header. the engine looked decent, but the exhaust valves looked crusty, engine was oil stained and i just didnt want to gamble on the engine at all. so i grabbed the coilovers and header for $300.

then i finished the drivers side wire tuck. still not feeling like doing the passenger side.

so im not sure if im going to keep the coilovers because they dont lower by the body and only the spring. i may end up selling these or putting them on the fiances el and buy some k sports from password jdm. also looking at getting this exhaust from them. they have the cheapest price for it that iv found so far.

http://www.invidia-usa.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=204