1990 civic std project.

New here? Tell us who you are!
janz3n
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Re: 1990 civic std project.

Post by janz3n »

Alright. SPent about 4 hours in the dark in a civic si removing the interior. The carpet is kind of crap but i gorn the dash. Cluster. Steering column.headlights. Front and rear seats 5 amazing condition. I just gOt home from a bar and I'm drunk but can't wait to start putting things back into my car. Im so drunk.

2 Stroke Toy Chest
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by 2 Stroke Toy Chest »

janz3n wrote:Alright. SPent about 4 hours in the dark in a civic si removing the interior. I just gOt home from a bar and I'm drunk but can't wait to start putting things back into my car. Im so drunk.
:thumbright:

we have a thread for drunk rables rants and raves too , for future inebrated events

as far as the rear disc are you going to add a sway bar/lca's to the install ?

janz3n
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by janz3n »

Well. Haven't been that drunk in over a year. Anyways like I tried to say last night. I spent a good while on my hands and knees because the car was on a trailer with no wheels and I could not fully open the doors till the very end when I needed to get the bolts on the side of the dash. I didn't have enough time to get everything I wanted due to it being dark 10 minutes into removing the ebrake handle( which did not want to come off easily. Will post pictures today of my goodies. I may be taking a quick drive back today to grab the throttle cable. Carpet. Remainder of interior and any tools I left in the car that I couldn't see.

janz3n
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by janz3n »

here are some pictures of some of the stuff i got last night. its all really dirty and im going to have to steam clean the seats. im really surprised at the condition the seats are actually in. a lot better shape then the ones i had in my sedan.
si steering column next to the seats.
going to have to find speaker covers at the junk yard. one was missing and i was in a rush and couldnt fully open the door to remove the other one so i broke it. probably a bad idea but oh well.
black dash on the roof
misc stuff, speaker pods, thought that was a good find.
got excited so i decided to test fit the dash and a seat.

if i put the dash in will i be able to get the windshield replaced without having to remove it? i want to assemble it fully but if i have to remove it for the glass i will just keep it out.

janz3n
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by janz3n »

2 Stroke Toy Chest wrote:
janz3n wrote:Alright. SPent about 4 hours in the dark in a civic si removing the interior. I just gOt home from a bar and I'm drunk but can't wait to start putting things back into my car. Im so drunk.
:thumbright:

we have a thread for drunk rables rants and raves too , for future inebrated events

as far as the rear disc are you going to add a sway bar/lca's to the install ?

i'll keep that in mind, but i dont get drunk very often so i dont plan on using that thread lol.

and yes, i will be going with after market lcas and i have a si rear sway bar. will probably go with a brace for the rear so i dont have to drill holes in the floor for the sway bar. not sure if im going to go with

janz3n
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by janz3n »

tonight i removed the vin from my old dash and installed it on the new one. as i was doing it i was thinking to my self that i have to make sure i put it on the correct way. well im pretty sure i didnt. haha. oh well, dont think it matters that much. installed the dash back into the car, along with the door cards, si steering column. had to remove my ignition cylinder and install it on to the si one. i just re used the break away bolts by using a punch and hammer.
also got some misc stuff from the same parts car. front sway bar, throttle cable and hatch struts.
ImageImage

2 Stroke Toy Chest
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by 2 Stroke Toy Chest »

looks good man , a little jealous of the full si you got your hands on to strip :D

was the motor and trans still in the parts car ?? D16a6

janz3n
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by janz3n »

^ yes but the engine had a hole in the block, and im going with a b16 so i had no use. i also grabbed the injector resistor box and injector wiring to do the mpfi conversion.

so about 4 minutes ago i ordered a new aftermarket black carpet from http://www.stockinteriors.com/ i have only heard good things about this company and it beats going to the junk yard and probably not finding a nice carpet or spending the time to remove it properly. now i just need the door sill plastic pieces that hold the sides of the carpet down and the rear half of the interior. going to be taking the seats to work on saturday to steam clean them.

after putting the door panels on my car i realized that the door handles are blue as well. if the si parts car wasnt so far away id go back tomorrow.

janz3n
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by janz3n »

picked up a test piper/high flow cat/resonator and what the guy said was 2.5 energy suspension kits for a 90 teg, 95 teg, and 88-91 civic. should have all the bushings i need for my car lol.

janz3n
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by janz3n »

looks like most of the bushings are for things i dont needs. that sucks.

janz3n
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by janz3n »

update:
replaced the wiper switch without taking the column out, was pretty happy about that. i was really curious to see if all the electrical still works in the car so i hooked a battery up to it and nothing. so i put the grounds back and connected the main engine harness, and all i get are head lights, no rear lights no cluster lights, and the dome light works fine. so thats got me a little worried. im sure it has to do with the harness not being hooked up to the starter or alternator and the grounds are bad.

anyways, went to work today and made 2.3 hours for a 5 hour day. brought my rear disc swap with me just in case i had some time to take them apart. started with one side and of course the upper and lower control arm bolts were seized into the bushings. so i spent a while cutting them out and heating up some stuff to remove the rest of the bolts. also removed the pins for the e brake cables to the calipers so i can replace the calipers. after an hour on one side i was tired but curious to see how the other side would be so i put the gun on the lower control arm bolt on the other side and it came out, same with the upper. so i managed to get everything els off the other side as well.
going to start removing the rear brakes on the civic next weekend, need to buy some axle stands to get it off the ground first. then im going to have to start buying things. not sure if i should go with oem trailing arm bushings or just get ES bushings. also gonna get some rear camber arms, lower control arms and new bushings for the toe arms( heres to hoping the rear toe arm bolts arent seized). as for the front suspension, im almost certain im going to go with da kunckles, i dont want to slam this car so i should be fine.

also got the cluster in and rolled back the odometer to match whats actually on the car.

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

nice update, here'sa link for poly vs oem bushings: http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=32580
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)
Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread

janz3n
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by janz3n »

thanks for the link. i think the problem with poly bushings, or any bushing really, is that for thing like control arms you really need to tighten the bolts with the vehicles weight on so the suspension isnt hanging down while you tighten. once you set the vehicle down there is much more flex and the bushing stays flexed then flexes more when the vehicle is driven. im probably going with racehard trailing arm bushings along with rear toe arm and camber arms. http://www.buyhardrace.com/product/hard ... ef_40.html

removed the right rear suspension today.

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

A little pain in the ass right? :)
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)
Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread

janz3n
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by janz3n »

It was actually really easy. All bolts came out easy. I was very surprised.