Hades' Chariot (Update 1/4/2012)

New here? Tell us who you are!
Dave
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Re: New here

Post by Dave »

a MPFI swap is just $200 a few minutes reading and about 2 hours play/ swearing at what im writing to you know. its really not that hard., im a bif believer in baptism by fore, get in there adn give it a go ewhats the worst that could happen

hades1186
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by hades1186 »

Yea I am geussing that the wring is gonna royally piss me off. But I will get through It, i got to find the right motor and hopefully another trans, Otherwise I seen a few more 4g shells but some more expensive than mine but of course less rust and rusty issuses. I hate Rust.

hades1186
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by hades1186 »

Okay so I am still in search of the stuff i need but Could anyone help me out with the ECU deal do I need to switch and If so which one I seen and searched all over but not sure what to do with a 4g Tranny and 5g motor,

So everyone knows that battery is out of a Jimmy thats why its so big. I got money haha just need to find the parts.

2 Stroke Toy Chest
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by 2 Stroke Toy Chest »

you would get the corresponding ecu to the motor
the transmission is not a factor (unless auto )
if you feel like purchasing a harness already converted rywire can do it
from dpfi to mpfi and the obd0 to obd1 all in one

Lissik86crx

Post by Lissik86crx »

If u r into racing I got a set of zc gears off a 3rd gen zc if I'd like, u can put them with an si and have a si/zc trany
Sick project, hope all goes to plan

imal42

Post by imal42 »

hey guys new here. seen only 1 gen 4 civic for sale and its a guy on here that owns it am sure u know the one. is there any more for sale ive looked on autotrader piston heads and exchange and mart and obv on here still ive only found that one. was thinking about an eg6 coupe but only auto ones about my budget is 3k has to be a b16 or b18 and hopefully not too much rust. thanks

hades1186
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by hades1186 »

Hey man this is actually my personal build thread i suppose renaming should happen. But post in Want to buy section. check your Craiglist listing

Lissik86crx

Post by Lissik86crx »

hades1186 wrote:Hey man this is actually my personal build thread i suppose renaming should happen. But post in Want to buy section. check your Craiglist listing
Lol yea he thread stole, those r nubs for u, lol and he doesn't even mention he has a car lol, :help: but would u b interested in the gears? I don't need them, would be sick too, I hope all goes as plan tho good luck

hades1186
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Re: Hades' Chariot

Post by hades1186 »

I dont got money to buy that right now i gotta buy the new engien and tranny first havent had luck finding them

Lissik86crx

Post by Lissik86crx »

I have a zc blck I would like to get rid of, and I can get a head as well if u r interested? Lol they wOnt let me post in FS till I have 25 posts lol wack. But yea zc block is 3rd gen out of a 88-89 eg.

91B16AHB
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by 91B16AHB »

Lissik86crx wrote: But yea zc block is 3rd gen out of a 88-89 eg.
::)
Yeah, I'd buy from this guy.
And will an acura crx seat on the 90's era fit my 90 dx?

hades1186
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by hades1186 »

I will need lots of help with that, never built an engine before, only took one apart and rebuilt. ZC block sounds awesome read up a little bit about it, info on all the specs about it and what you all got would be great, 3rd gen makes it a DOHC or SOHC, and wiring is the only thing that might get in the way if you could give me some help like with the head and mpfi or dpfi and whih obd i will need. Thanks, very interested price would be cool, oh and what transmissions can i use.

Sorry for all the questioning and cluelessness.

Lissik86crx

Post by Lissik86crx »

hades1186 wrote:I will need lots of help with that, never built an engine before, only took one apart and rebuilt. ZC block sounds awesome read up a little bit about it, info on all the specs about it and what you all got would be great, 3rd gen makes it a DOHC or SOHC, and wiring is the only thing that might get in the way if you could give me some help like with the head and mpfi or dpfi and whih obd i will need. Thanks, very interested price would be cool, oh and what transmissions can i use.

Sorry for all the questioning and cluelessness.
Lol no worries that's y we are all here to help, it's a dohc with obd1 but u can always convert it depending on wat u need, for an example ima do the head to obd0. And put it on a d16a1 86-87. But the zc is a PGFI. And the head I would b givin u is clean. I would suggest a rebuild on the block, if u would like I can take the head to a shop and get it checked on. I work for an auto shop so I can get anvil bit of discounts. I wouldsell it all for 350 block head and intake many(350 is with out the head worked on). If u would like ican sell u the zc gears as well and u can use an si trany and have the zc gears in the si and Youwould b beastly. Let me no wats up bc I'd really love to get rid of the block

hades1186
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by hades1186 »

So what exactly am i getting
3rd Gen ZC?
What kind of head?
If the head is obd0 and the block obd1 how do i convert?
What exactly do you mean by rebuild?
and thats gonna be a mpfi head?
how much for the head work?
will i need valves, pistons?

Lissik86crx

Post by Lissik86crx »

hades1186 wrote:So what exactly am i getting
3rd Gen ZC?
What kind of head?
If the head is obd0 and the block obd1 how do i convert?
What exactly do you mean by rebuild?
and thats gonna be a mpfi head?
how much for the head work?
will i need valves, pistons?
The block is obd1 and there is no sensors on the head so u can still remain with obd1 if ud like just have to get obd1 sensors. The head is pm7 stock head of the zc block, as for the block by rebuild I meant taken the pistons out and changing the rings, mayb if there is damage also the ring seals on the crankshaft, and the oil pain gasket. The head is PGFI. 65$ for the head work. When the do the head they check the vavles, and the pistons r in there so u can just reuse those