New here, hi

New here? Tell us who you are!
Emdoob

New here, hi

Post by Emdoob »

Hey I'm mike. I have owned nothing but 4th gens in my life. I'm 21 and am swapping a b series into my hatchback. Just gathering everything I need. I already swapped in a d16y8 into my 89 DX hatchback and converted everything over to 90-91 style. Obd1 chipped ecu as well as a wire tuck. I love my car. I have Instagram under the same name that has a few pics. I'll post some here too.

As she sits in summer.

My DIY wire tuck. Still needs a bit more work.

Currently I'm getting a b16 rebuilt. I want to boost it but I'm not sure which pistons to use. It has stock ones in it right now. I am building on a budget using stock rods and I want to keep the stock compression ratio. Only shooting for around 250whp on boost. I'm even thinking I will just buy an LS block and sink money into that instead... While also getting the b16 rebuilt to stock which probably makes more sense to do...

Anyways hi guys.

Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: New here, hi

Post by Sandman »

Welcome. Sounds good, however I'd not keep the stock rods in there since they are "bird bones". :D
If it was a D block I'd suggest vitara's, but off the top of my head I can't remember the bore of a B block.
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic(sold)
2015 Accord Sport Business
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

Emdoob

Post by Emdoob »

I'm hoping that with the R/S ratio, I won't have so much of an issue w/ only a max of 10psi. I can't justify building a B16 block when the LS blocks can be built and swapped in for greater gains and less cost. I'm putting in new pistons though and boring it out to 81.5, just to keep it reliable.

gtviper2178
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by gtviper2178 »

welcome!! and yeah stock bore for b's are 81 but people typically bore em to 81.5 and drop in eagle pistons