Tale of old and hope for new

New here? Tell us who you are!
immortal goonie

Tale of old and hope for new

Post by immortal goonie »

What's up everybody, newbie posting here. Actually a renewbie.

I had an amazing previous experience with a 1991 base hatch, red, grey vinyl interior. $300 deal of the new millennium I bought it from a friend in 2000 after I sold my RX-7 and Miata. I just wanted a putt putt car - but found out it was rewarding to drive, reliable, and so easy to maintain and repair. I mean the rusty exhaust flew off on day two, but with a 1.5l 70hp it was still quieter than my RX-7 with Racing Beat headers and exhaust - so I left the Honda running with just a two foot length of pipe coming off the exhaust manifold and left it at that. What a great car. I treated it so poorly, we wrestled on it, drove it offroad on unmarked trails, hauled 6 people around blasting the stereo. Ahh youth lived right if I don't say so myself :)

So now 15 years later and at least 15 cars in between, I'm looking for another EF. I rarely drive at all now - bicycle/walk/bus/car2go most of the time, but I miss going on road trips to the coast and far off camping trips or hauling bikes, canoes, furniture, or more than a few bags of groceries. Plus I'm still a gearhead so want good engineering, handling, fuel economy, tunability, reliability, light weight, simplicity, and quite frankly the nostalgia is pretty tasty too.

Anyone know of clean or tastefully modified EF for sale in the Pacific Northwest? Preferably any color but red this time :)

Ok, back to reading gear ratio specs, color codes, and sway bar interchangeability...
WTB clean or tastefully modified EF hatch in the PNW. If you have one or know of one, let me know. Thanks!

cjohnsontech
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Re: Tale of old and hope for new

Post by cjohnsontech »

Welcome to the board and I hope you find what you're looking for. I remember the teen driving days very well. My excessive car driving was usually packing in too many people into my Cavalier and going offroading in river beds LOL
Trying to keep my page current with worthwhile information. PM me if you want me to add something:
http://www.cjohnsontech.com

immortal goonie

Post by immortal goonie »

Thanks for the welcome :) And your website is an excellent reference, thanks for collecting all that information.

And hahaha that sounds like a rippin' good time off roading good old trusty Cavaliers. Whip some reverse donuts while you're at it, kids! They're no sports car but they can take a beating. My buddy didn't change or check the oil on his for 8 years. Yikes.
WTB clean or tastefully modified EF hatch in the PNW. If you have one or know of one, let me know. Thanks!

Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Sandman »

Welcome :)
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic(sold)
2015 Accord Sport Business
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500