90 ef hatch newbie

New here? Tell us who you are!
Chris_usmc

90 ef hatch newbie

Post by Chris_usmc »

Hi. My fourth gen is a 90 civic hatchback (currently only slingin a d15b7). i have never really worked on hondas at all before i got this car. Although i really like it i have put a lot of money into it just to finally get it functioning. i kinda learned the hard way about buying cars from ppl who didnt exactly expect to have to sell it. The motor and tranny are solid with onlg 133,000 on them. They are both out of a 93. I have had major wiring and suspension issues. First off whoever owned the car before him had used coil springs off a different car that did not match at all and caused it to ride with the front end in the air. So after getting some kyb excel g struts and having to order in osaka coil springs i managed to get the ride hight back in place. Ive replaced the outer tie rod ends, and driver side wheel bearing, upper and lower ball joints, rotor, caliper, brake hose, pads with hardware, and most likely a brake booster which im picking up tomorrow. Well enough of me complaining.

Anyways i am working on paint probably sometime next week then a rack and pinion. If anybody has any cornering lights i am definetly trying to find some that match and mount on my 90 hatch. I also need a passenger side fender and for the right price i might buy a hood if it came with mounting hardware.

Well if you made it this far thanks and ill post pictures soon

91hatchligon
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Re: 90 ef hatch newbie

Post by 91hatchligon »

Welcome! :D

Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 90 ef hatch newbie

Post by Sandman »

Welcome. And good luck :)
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic(sold)
2015 Accord Sport Business
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500