Me and my 88 Hatch DX :D

New here? Tell us who you are!
ZING
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Me and my 88 Hatch DX :D

Post by ZING »

Hey guys! I'm Timothy aka ZING "www.ZING.TW" and I am new to honda and owning my first car... So this be my first car I've owned and got in my name!... I'm 21 and I started out with a 88 civic lx 4dr that I got by trading my ps3, broken xbox 360, and a $100 pc... found out the car had a bad cylinder so I sold it for $400 as is and won my best friend off of ebay right here in the same area I lived... :D Got him for $869.99... The guy said the car was almost perfect but he lied... It has a cracked windshield, torn seats, the WRONG seats for the front that is held by coat hangers!! and the back left side near the tire is making a grinding noise when driving... needs a bit of work but I'm getting there... with you guy's help! I could of walked away and not got the car but it was my dream car and i felt it was meant to be finding the only civic within 20 miles on ebay on the same day I searched with the same year I wanted and with less then 20 hours in the action... something made me do a search and where I'm from... you can never find anything on ebay close and it was the only car listed.... so yea I believe in fate :D Ok so enough blah blah... here is a couple pics :D

[img width=640 height=480]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9879 ... 113200.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=480]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/4617/2 ... 113252.jpg[/img]

Also Check out what I'm doing and plan on doing and my budget here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rwXqt5LeEcEjWua1ywsEdUw

therealani
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Re: Me and my 88 Hatch DX :D

Post by therealani »

hey! welcome!
nice project! your wife now has some competition ;) 

cool list thing, I made one too when I first got my car.. it started out like yours but changes everyday as I learn stuff about our cars; there's great info on this site, read as much as you can!.  and you don't need air conditioning, that's what windows are for!
89 DX sedan:
-Si tranny
-CRX swirlies (rattled black)
-rear DA sway bar
-removed p/s and A/C
http://www.civic4g.com/forum/index.php/topic,9489.0.html

ZING
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Post by ZING »

ha ha yea... i don't use it but the misses "gots to have it" and well need cold air for my baby who'll arrive to the wonderful world of hell on aug 23rd :P

therealani
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Post by therealani »

yeah, supposedly babies don't do well in the heat; I would get it fixed in that case. You would probably want to convert to the newer R134a while you're at it because you pretty much can't get freon anymore (which is what came with our cars 20 years ago)  or you can try and use a mix but that's sort of illegal because its a hazard to the environment, I tried it and wound up de-pressurizing my entire system because the connections aren't the same so its tricky.  Most likely though you just need more refrigerant.

and congrats on the baby! one of the mods here has a baby due around the same time!!
89 DX sedan:
-Si tranny
-CRX swirlies (rattled black)
-rear DA sway bar
-removed p/s and A/C
http://www.civic4g.com/forum/index.php/topic,9489.0.html

kerzaz
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Post by kerzaz »

welcome ;)
1993 nissan s13 200sx
1991 crx d16a6/d16z6 mini-me sold
1989 civic d16a6/d16z6 mini-me sold in parts

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

Welcome ZING. Surely you will find good info here that will help on your car. That's one problem with ebay deals, you don't know really what you will get in the end. However you can make your car reach a new level if you really want. Just checked your site...LOL at the fans pics ;D.
therealani wrote: yeah, supposedly babies don't do well in the heat;
No supposedly, they shoouldn't be in heat specially newborns :)
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)
Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread

Dave
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by Dave »

welcome, there is allot to learn here if ya read around. and if you dont find what you want, ask. were not a bunch of arseholes to people like in other sites.
Honda, the power of dreams.................. HONDA, the dream of power

r4BBiT
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Post by r4BBiT »

welcome man:)
and many more :P

ZING
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Post by ZING »

I got the ac fan today at pull a part... looks pretty good... now I need a belt and I'll see if you guys can walk me into getting it working :) also the back right side... I think I know the problem... there was an 89 hatch dx just like mine at the PAP today and I looked under it back at the tire and I notice it looks solid... mine is hallow where the rust has ate it away and the bolt is missing since theres no where for it to screw in ow and it just bonces there making the grinding noise... is that fixable? I'll try and get a pic here in a bit

ZING
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Post by ZING »

I miss my hatch and all you guys. I can believe it's been over a decade. Man how things have changed since this thread. World used to be so much simpler. Also it was much much much easier finding an EF. :( Any of you guys still around?

Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Sandman »

Some of us are still around, even if there might be very little to no posting going on. But we are :)
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic(sold)
2015 Accord Sport Business
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500