The Beginning

Anything 4th gen non-TECH
HondaCivic90ED
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Re: The Beginning

Post by HondaCivic90ED »

Bought a few parts for this continuing project to move it toward a realistic completion possibly this spring season!

J's Racing Roll center adjusters

Tein EDFC control box and stepper motors for the Super Street w/ pillowball coilovers

VIS Racing SiR style carbon fiber hood (not my first choice but I didn't want to chop up my factory hood nor convert to a complete legit SiR front end due to the cost and not being able to get most of it new anymore) My USDM front is actually in very good shape overall due to the car only having 48,000 miles on it.

zloetakoe
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Post by zloetakoe »

HondaCivic90ED wrote:Bought a few parts for this continuing project to move it toward a realistic completion possibly this spring season!

J's Racing Roll center adjusters

Tein EDFC control box and stepper motors for the Super Street w/ pillowball coilovers

VIS Racing SiR style carbon fiber hood (not my first choice but I didn't want to chop up my factory hood nor convert to a complete legit SiR front end due to the cost and not being able to get most of it new anymore) My USDM front is actually in very good shape overall due to the car only having 48,000 miles on it.
Absolutely beautiful so far. Can't wait to see this thing completed!

HondaCivic90ED
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Post by HondaCivic90ED »

For those who doubted this project would ever get going again... Progress. I know it doesn't look like much but this is what was finished today: Canon plug for Rywire quick disconnect mounted to firewall, alternator, starter and fuse box wires made and run, Tein EDFC stepper motors installed and wired, AEM hybrid intake modified and mounted, Neuspeed tower bar reinstalled, AEM wideband installed, purge control solenoid wired and charcoal canister reinstalled, fuel filter and fuel lines installed.

Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Sandman »

Looks damn good :)
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic(sold)
2015 Accord Sport Business
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

HondaCivic90ED
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Post by HondaCivic90ED »

I found a perfect place for the EDFC controller. Gone is the oem clock. I thankfully found a factory clock block off plate in blue on ebay and bought it. Then I trimmed it so that the controller would fit. All of the taps needed for the controller are found on the clock leads, ground, ign power, constant power, and illumination so it was a perfect fit.

HondaCivic90ED
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Post by HondaCivic90ED »

Just picked up the front knuckles from being bead blasted, etched and powdercoated. Tonight I will be installing new Honda OEM outer tie rods, front wheel bearings, lower ball joints, dust shields all new hardware and ARP studs in the original hubs. I'll take pictures to post up when its all done.

Just to clear any confusion as well about previously stated J's Racing Roll Center Adjusters. I bought them and then mocked it up with my existing brake setup and with the 11" front rotors the added length of the lower ball joints put the castle nut into the back of the rotors so I have to maintain the oem lower ball joint length.

HondaCivic90ED
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Post by HondaCivic90ED »

Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Sandman »

Longer studs?
Stand up and fight!

HondaCivic90ED
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Post by HondaCivic90ED »

Yes, they are ARP extended wheel studs. I want to run my 15" Mugen RNR wheels but the backspacing on the spokes of the wheels didn't correspond with the 11" rotors and Wilwood Dynalite 4 piston calipers. They interfered with one another so I bought some H&R wheel spacers to push the wheels out away from the calipers. The spacers necessitated longer wheel studs so they had enough thread engagement. The ARP studs are stronger as well.

Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Sandman »

I figured they looked longer. TBH I've been thinking of something like that as well. As it is now the studs won't properly clear the bolts. Now having said that I know they hold and I've had a good friend tell me it's OK but for some peace of mind I might get longer ones in the future.
Stand up and fight!

bracer
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bracer »

Great to see it is getting together! I can't believe it's been 5 years since the opening post!
2007 325i
Ex 1991 Porsche 944 S2
Ex 1990 1.6i-VT Hatchback

HondaCivic90ED
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Post by HondaCivic90ED »

Bracer,

I know I know. I can't believe it's been that long either. Most people who know me think I sold the car years ago...lol. Good news is the knuckles are back together and on the car and the Mugen RNR's now fit over the brakes with the 10mm H&R wheel spacers and ARP extended wheel studs.

I just purchased some new speakers because among all the other things that are going on with the car I am putting a completely new (old) stereo and audio system in the car. The front and rear speakers are going to be bi-amped coaxial 6.5 Digital Designs CXS fed by 2 4-channel Alpine MRV-F545s and a single 12" Alpine Type-R sub powered by an Alpine MRD-1005. The headunit is an Alpine CDA-7939 that has a more period correct faceplate and it also has optical out so that is going to feed the Alpine PRA-H400 sound processor for crossover settings. I'm taking advantage of the full digital signal from the headunit straight to the sound processor via the optical connection. Right now I'm using some Stinger Roadkill sound deadening to make sure there aren't any annoying rattles and buzzes when I put it back together so the entire interior except the dashboard is out of it.

Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Sandman »

Just wait until you turn the key and take it around the block for the first time. :)
Stand up and fight!

Bretts

Post by Bretts »

I made an account just to comment on this...

NICE. I love white cars and especially when you add white rims. This is a beautiful build and I don't see how you have the patience to do this. I don't even own a 4g Honda, but I might be buying a 90 dx 5spd for about a grand this weekend as a back up car and a car to teach my wife, best friend, and son how to use a clutch. O0

If you ever want to sell this car send me a pm... once you get it running and tuned of course :banghead: