88 lx sedan questions

Anything 4th gen TECH related

88lxer
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Re: 88 lx sedan questions

Post by 88lxer »

Hi 4G folks,
I recently moved to San Diego and took the car to a Star test station and he told me he couldn't test because of the ZC. Guess I have to see a referee at Mira Mesa College and will call tomorrow to make an appointment. Anybody know the ref there?
Thanks,
Thorsten

cjohnsontech
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Post by cjohnsontech »

Sorry... I've been lucky enough to only been ref'd once. And that was Chaffey CommunityCollege up here in Rancho Cucamonga. Good luck to you.
Trying to keep my page current with worthwhile information. PM me if you want me to add something:
http://www.cjohnsontech.com

2 Stroke Toy Chest
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by 2 Stroke Toy Chest »

Was that his only reason for not smoging it ? That's a bit hanky , if its all your oem parts exluding the motor itself and a with a legit receipt of purchase , the ref trip should be fine . He will just go over the bay with a microscope and make sure its all correct.

88lxer
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by 88lxer »

I went to the ref at Miramar college today. It took more than an agonizing hour. I really didn't want to sell the car. The result was overall good. The car actually passed emissions. However, the ZC doesn't have an FICV like the D16A6. He said get the FICV on there and he will pass me. I can see a place on my intake for the FICV and it currently has the vacuum port for the brake booster there. Not sure where the other end of the FICV hose would connect to the intake on my ZC manifold. Probably will just find a D16A6 manifold and swap. Kinda funny to require it here in socal where it rarely is below 14F. ???

2 Stroke Toy Chest
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by 2 Stroke Toy Chest »

I am glad your trip was well , thas is a little odd about the ficv . But should be a quick and cheap fix

88lxer
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by 88lxer »

I passed yesterday and now am the proud owner of a CA BAR legal Honda Civic. :) I found a D16A6 intake on cl for $40. One injector was bad and another leaking. Also, the fuel pressure regulator leaked awful. Honda charged me $80 for all new injector rubber (O-rings, cushion rings and intake seals). My old intake is in better shape. Namely the lack of corrosion/rust on the coolant nipples. My test results are somewhat different from the previous visit a month ago and the tech suggested I check O2 sensor values (between 0.2 & 0.8 V) when the car is running. Also, broke the tabs off my plastic injector wire cover. Guess I'll have to DIY with P-clips or something.