91 Auto Civic EF won't shift past 1st gear!

Anything 4th gen TECH related

precysestylez

91 Auto Civic EF won't shift past 1st gear!

Post by precysestylez »

The other day while I was on the highway my EF just stopped accelerating on the highway. I hit the gas a few times and it would just cruise while the rpms would raise. Pulled over and turned the car off and back on again then proceeded to drive in D4. Car then wouldn't go past 1st gear. Had to drive home on the highway going 45-50 mph @5K rpms! Could it be a bad transmission solenoid? I checked the fluid and it was still pink/red and it didnt look dirty. Levels were normal as well. Car has never shifted hard or driven hard. It pretty much came out of no where. Any ideas what this could be? I can't see the trans crapping out without some sort of symptoms. Thanks for any and all help

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Re: 91 Auto Civic EF won't shift past 1st gear!

Post by el_jelly »

How the shifter feels? When you press the clutch pedal, it makes any sound or feels different than usual?
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)
Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread

precysestylez

Re: 91 Auto Civic EF won't shift past 1st gear!

Post by precysestylez »

el_jelly wrote:How the shifter feels? When you press the clutch pedal, it makes any sound or feels different than usual?
It's an automatic transmission.