89 Si hatch won't start

Anything 4th gen TECH related

M-Benz
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

89 Si hatch won't start

Post by M-Benz »

Hello all ,

I picked up this car on this morning and it ran fine from the place I bought to my house but when I tried to start again so that I can go to the gas station ...it die on me . The engine won't crank over and the car won't start. Note : all dash lights ( no error code ) , radio are work fine . Me and my friend already tried afew things like ignition switch , we did replaced the starter motor and the main relay is fine . What could it be ? Can anyone helps ? The last thing that I can think of is the starting solenoid ? I mean I didn't hear any strong click/clank in the engine area . Thoughts ???

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 89 Si hatch won't start

Post by Sandman »

It could be the starter solenoid if everything else seems to be fine.
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic(sold)
2015 Accord Sport Business
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

M-Benz
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by M-Benz »

Sandman,

I went to the autozone earlier and asked for the starter solenoid because i dont know what it looks like but it came out that solenoid is attached to the starter motor (am i right on this ?) which i replaced that already so what else could it be ? is there such thing as transmission solenoid ? Also the guy at the autozone says it could be the Neutral Safety switch ? Im about to lose all my hairs because i keep scratching it ..what the heck is going on with this car ? :angryfire: One more question, how about the clutch ? if the clutch is bad can the engine start ? This is my first car with the standard transmission ...dont know the whole lot about it. Can anyone please help ? Just cant believe it happened on th same day that i bought the car :banghead:

Edit: Does this car have the neutral safety switch ? and do you guys think that is the problem or any switch that connect to the clutch ? If so, where do i get that Neutral safety switch ?

M-Benz
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by M-Benz »

Just for everyone know if you ever get that sympton ...it is the "CLUTCH PEDAL SWITCH" . Finally finallly ;D

gtviper2178
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by gtviper2178 »

how did you find out?

M-Benz
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by M-Benz »

Very simple and just like anyone else ..I tested each unit and try to eliminate one by one . One thing that really helps me is I searched around ... Just google it :)

gtviper2178
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by gtviper2178 »

lol trust me i would if i need to but glad car starting and is in good shape.

M-Benz
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by M-Benz »

Hahaha okie . The mods begin now....