Super off-topic thread

Anything not 4th gen related
Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Super off-topic thread

Post by Sandman »

I'm so tired right now that it's just not real. In the past 2,5h at work I've had 4 cupsof coffee with no results. :D
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic(sold)
2015 Accord Sport Business
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

Is not that you are tired, is that the coffee isnt strong enough.

;)
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)
Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread

Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Sandman »

el_jelly wrote:Is not that you are tired, is that the coffee isnt strong enough.

;)
Some of it was made by me...it was strong enough for the rest of the employees not to want my coffee. :D
I've slept for less than 5 hours a night for a while now. That's the reason.
Stand up and fight!

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

I understand you, I've been for months sleeping 5 or 6 hours no matter if I go to sleep tired or if I don;t have to get up early. In the afternoon the lack of energy is notable :( .
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)
Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread

Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Sandman »

Yeah, and up here we get a lot less daylight this time of the year so you end up with even less energy.
Now...MORE COFFEE!
Stand up and fight!

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

At least somewhere there are wise voters:
Colorado Legalizes Marijuana For Recreational Use

88lxer
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by 88lxer »

Yeah now. May I quote a little Primus?

When I need relief I spell it THC
Perhaps you may know vaguely what I mean
I sit back and smoke away huge chunks of memory
As I slowly inflict upon myself a full lobotomy-call it pointless

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

Lol.

Elections were big in some places....

"Washington earned the distinction of being the first state to call marijuana legalization a success; voters approved Measure 502 by a 10 point margin: 55.5% to 44.5%.

The measure will permit state-licensed marijuana growers, processors and retail stores, where adults over 21 can purchase up to one ounce of dried marijuana. The law also establishes a standard blood test to enforce restrictions on driving while stoned. Tax revenues may reach $2 billion over five years, which will go to fund education, health care, substance abuse prevention, and other basic government services."

""Coloradoans also approved recreational use of marijuana with the passage of Amendment 64. Voters favored the amendment 53.4% to 46.6%, with more than half the votes reported.

Starting almost immediately, it will be legal for adults in Colorado to grow and consume up to an ounce of marijuana. Marijuana retail stores may open in about a year. The state must adopt regulations governing commercial businesses before July 1, 2013. Sales taxes and licensing fees are expected to reach $5 million to $22 million per year.

While the feds have selectively raided dispensaries in California, the Department of Justice and the Obama administration have been relatively quiet on the 2012 marijuana measures. “We’re going to take a look at whether or not there are dangers to the community from the sale of marijuana and we’re going to go after those dangers,” Deputy Attorney General James Cole recently told 60 Minutes.

More details on how the Colorado law works, according to the Colorado Independent:

People will not be able to smoke in public, like at baseball games or in parks.
People growing their own plants can have up to six at a time, with no more than three being mature at any given time.
Growers will be allowed to possess their entire harvest, even if it exceeds one ounce.
Plants will have to be grown in secured areas that are not visible to the public.
Employers will not have to accommodate people who wish to smoke. Drug testing and firing based on marijuana will still be allowed.

Overall, a major victory for people who realize that marijuana is no more dangerous – and perhaps less so – than alcohol, tobacco, and prescription drugs."

91B16AHB
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by 91B16AHB »

So what do you think about possibly becoming the 51st state?
And will an acura crx seat on the 90's era fit my 90 dx?

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

From my point of view, is near impossible. Pro-statehood people claim a 61% win in the referendum however those numbers are far from the reality of what happened. When the votes of people that don't prefer the statehood (pro-republic, current status with some changes or current status with no change ) are summed statehood comes at 44% pro-statehood, 56% against. Whats more, from a population density point of view statehood comes at just 22%...

What's more important is USA attitude, there have been no indication in years that they want a change in our current status or that they don't like it, that's a contrast of what you see at international level with their decisions and claims in other countries. With a poor economy and lots of social problems there's no justification of either integrating us fully to the federation or leaving us alone...

Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Sandman »

Well, after a 3 hour handling and driving test I passed my motorcycle test. Sort of easier now after having driven a car for a good ten years. Out of the 3 size classes I got the biggest license since "you're so damn old". Sure enough I had a good 10 years over everyone else I had been riding with.
Stand up and fight!

deddth
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Post by deddth »

idk about you guys, but here i am having some fun with the weed. yeah.
yay.

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

LOL.

91B16AHB
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by 91B16AHB »

deddth wrote:idk about you guys, but here i am having some fun with the weed. yeah.
Yeshhhh...it is what the holidays are all about.
And will an acura crx seat on the 90's era fit my 90 dx?

Bassdude404
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by Bassdude404 »

Sandman wrote:Well, after a 3 hour handling and driving test I passed my motorcycle test. Sort of easier now after having driven a car for a good ten years. Out of the 3 size classes I got the biggest license since "you're so damn old". Sure enough I had a good 10 years over everyone else I had been riding with.

Congrats on the MC license!!..What kinda bike you got??...