Super off-topic thread

Anything not 4th gen related
Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Super off-topic thread

Post by Sandman »

Good luck. Don't get shot!
I did my time in the amy, all Finnish men have to, but most of us never go out of the country.
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic(sold)
2015 Accord Sport Business
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

91B16AHB
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by 91B16AHB »

Good luck with that man. Are you still at QCC this semester? Haven't seen your car in a while.
Where are you going for basic training?
Anyway, hope your buddy takes good care of your baby till you get out.
And will an acura crx seat on the 90's era fit my 90 dx?

gtviper2178
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by gtviper2178 »

i havent been there this semester since i owe money for a class so i wasnt able to pick classes, i figured since im off doing nothing of convenience with my life id rather join now since its something i always wanted to and also i have relatives who served as well, ill be training for basic in ft jackson in south carolina and ill be in AIT in ft lee virginia then ill be sent off where im needed to fix stuff, and yeah i trust him since he knows well about cars and hes also a navy guy. but thanks for the best wishes guys!!!

deddth
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Post by deddth »

kspraker wrote:Okay you young guys - old guy here (45) has decided I want a tatoo. Probably upper arm so I can hide it (I wear a tie all day long). Any advice? I have a charcoal drawing that I know the artist and have his permission to have it done. I'd like to give the tatoo artist references for the proper colors but wanted to hear thoughts from those who have 'em.

1. Is color harder/easier/same to have done?
2. Is color harder/easier/same to maintain (I'm aware of sun fading colors)?
3. Is color harder/easier/same for healing (since I have to have clothes over it most of the time)?

Any and all opinions welcome.
imho black/color tattoos require the same care. you should avoid pools /sun while they're fresh. it will take 1-2 months to properly cure and set in. for maintenance just dab a bit of moisturizer creme everyday.
yay.

kspraker
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Post by kspraker »

Thanks!
1991 DX Hatch - bone stock - well not the stereo - but the rest is!!

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)
Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread

deddth
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Post by deddth »

lol from my part not a single resolution were given.
yay.

91B16AHB
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by 91B16AHB »

deddth wrote:lol from my part not a single resolution were given.
I resolved to continue being as fine an individual as I was last year. ;)
And will an acura crx seat on the 90's era fit my 90 dx?

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

91B16AHB wrote:
deddth wrote:lol from my part not a single resolution were given.
I resolved to continue being as fine an individual as I was last year. ;)
Word on that.
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)
Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

kspraker
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Post by kspraker »

1st ink - inspired by a fallen soldier, redesigned by my daughter and now permanent on my shoulder:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
1991 DX Hatch - bone stock - well not the stereo - but the rest is!!

Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Sandman »

Nice. I've been thinking of getting something myself. So far I've yet to find something worth it. Perhaps something about my cousin that passed away a few years ago at 26 years old. But having said that do I rly need a tattoo for that?

And on an other matter, I did something stupid on Saturday. This isn't an end to my ZC, it's still hibernating waiting for spring. But more of a possibility of even more "probably not a good idea for the road" mods. This thing is a cruiser and won't be modded(much if at all).
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic(sold)
2015 Accord Sport Business
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

kspraker wrote:1st ink - inspired by a fallen soldier, redesigned by my daughter and now permanent on my shoulder:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Thats cool bro. I'm also thinking about getting my first one this year, not sure what but I would love to get one with my sister at the same time.

deddth
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Post by deddth »

hi on weed and waiting at the train station to get to a oi! show at old san juan.

in the middle of the san sebastián festivities. trains are full. 3 turns lost already.

fuuuuuuu
yay.

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

Jack Daniel's Starts Marketing Directly To Children
'Let's Just See How This Goes,' Says CEO

LYNCHBURG, TN—With new ads out this week that depict 8-year-olds pouring whiskey into colorful plastic cups of lemonade while relaxing on their playroom floors, popular beverage distiller Jack Daniel’s has launched its first media campaign aimed directly at preadolescents. “We’ve been working hard to create a new image for our brand, one in which smart, sophisticated kids lounge on playground swing sets, unwind on beanbag chairs, and even jump on their beds, all while enjoying a refreshing tumbler of Jack on the rocks,” said CEO Paul Varga, adding that the brand-building effort marked the company’s first attempt to pitch hard liquor directly to the large, untapped elementary school demographic. “Some say it’s not a good idea, but at this point we’ve saturated the adult market, so we figure it’s at least worth a try. Besides, when kids come home from a long day of third grade, they’re looking for a way to take their mind off things before dinnertime comes and their parents start asking them a bunch of questions about what they learned at school that day.” Varga said that if the marketing campaign fails to win over the 6-to-10-year-old consumer, the Jack Daniel’s team would consider repackaging its flagship product in 6.75-ounce juiceboxes.