Still around....

Anything not 4th gen related
HondaCivic90ED
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Still around....

Post by HondaCivic90ED »

I have been dormant from this board for quite some time. Those of you who have followed the previous ITR build/swap into my 4g hatch will remember that project was still left undone. It remains as it has on jackstands 45 miles from where I currently live for the last 3 years. There are plans to finish it, time permitting. That is not to say that I have completely given up on working on cars though. To the contrary, I have kept busy with several projects. One of them should be quite fun when its completed. I snapped a picture of it a couple of weeks back during test fitting of the components. *This is not my car, just a close friend of whom I've worked on every Honda he has ever owned and he has had 8 of them* It is a GT3582R twinscroll. Already done are 1000cc injectors, 225lph fuel pump, 3 bar map sensor, relocated fuse box, relocated eps module, relocated battery, mishimoto radiator, mishimoto fan switch, mishimoto radiator hoses, mishimoto thermostat, mishimoto intercooler mounted, deleted washer resevoir, drilled tapped fitted and welded oil pan with -10an fitting for turbo oil return, relocated heater hose, tucked passenger side wiring, lengthened necessary wires for fuse box, eps module and rack and torqure sensors. Still to be done - fabricate battery tray, lengthen battery wires, send out ecu for reflash, measure and order coolant hoses and oil hoses for turbo, remount bodywork and trim fenderliner, under bumper where necessary, wrap downpipe with fiberglass tape, mount test pipe and modify to fit 3" flange downpipe.

My friend has also talked about putting a getrag 6spd from a turbo MKIV Supra to handle the power. We are putting together the necessary required components for the rear end and driveshaft and axles as well. Those are being based off of a rearend from a NA Z32 300ZX. He expects with this setup to be in the neighborhood of 500-550hp. We'll see as soon as its done being put together.

91B16AHB
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Re: Still around....

Post by 91B16AHB »

Damn.... I still wonder about your build now and then, and how it is going. (probably one of my favorite project cars ever) Sad to hear it is on jackstands, but glad to see you are keeping yourself busy with other projects....
:(
And will an acura crx seat on the 90's era fit my 90 dx?

HondaCivic90ED
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Post by HondaCivic90ED »

Well, yesterday marked the end of the project with turbocharging my friends 2006 S2000. Unfortunately he isn't able to enjoy all the money and work that went into modifying it. His wife is going to be having his first son and knowing that he won't be able to drive it much and needing the cash he has decided to sell it. I have a short video of it running immediately after we reflashed the ecu with a Hondata Flashpro with the supplied basemap from Hondata on my facebook page. You can see it here: https://www.facebook.com/jared.obernesser He still needs to have the downpipe connected to the rest of the exhaust so that is the reason it sounds so loud right now. Feel free to friend request me if you want to. If I know it's someone from this forum I'll accept it.

Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Sandman »

I'm still waiting to see your 4g finished. :D
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic(sold)
2015 Accord Sport Business
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

91B16AHB
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by 91B16AHB »

Sandman wrote:I'm still waiting to see your 4g finished. :D
X2
And will an acura crx seat on the 90's era fit my 90 dx?

HondaCivic90ED
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Post by HondaCivic90ED »

I'll be working on it this weekend. Hope to make some significant progress. I have to get it done, lots of guys my age around here who have long ago hung up the keys to their projects or put them away for storage are making a comeback and are showing up on the street again with their cars. When I turn the key and it fires believe me I will let everyone on this forum know.