easiest way to post pics

Anything not 4th gen related
freydaddy
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

easiest way to post pics

Post by freydaddy »

I know there are a few methods to upload/download pics.
Just tryint to get some input on the options everyone uses.

How to get pics from a digital camera to the computer, then from the computer to a host, then to the web site.
Not really knowledgeable (sp?) in this area, especially since my oldest child no longer lives with me to set me straight.
My biggest problem is where to store the pics on the CPU (Media Player, HP Mediasmart, etc.) where i can click, copy, and paste.
After I have loaded the pics from my camera to the computer, then go to Tinypic, then browse, I cant readily find these pics.
Please give me the idiot proof way to do this so I can update the progress on my build. I know how you guys like pics, so help a brutha out. ???

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Re: easiest way to post pics

Post by el_jelly »

PC's with all the garbage they come with have really complicated things more, specially if you have a newer version of winblows. Although windows have a My music, My pictures, My documents and My videos folders I never use those since they are in the primary disc (or partition). In all my computers what I do is create an independent folder for pics other for vids and other for music in the second partition of the disc (if the disc have two the first one always have the operating system, the second is for storage, back-ups, programs, etc.). If the disc have only one I always divide it to have another partition using some free program available on the web. When you go to my computer go to the disc (partition) you want to store content and then create a new folder, specify in its properties the content it will have and you are set.

After I start adding content to each folder typically I put a shortcut for the desktop, this keeps things nicely organized, pc works faster and you always know where things are stored, with just one double-click you will reach the content you want be pics, videos, music, docs, etc. If you start to store things everywhere you will have a mess. Also never store things directly on the desktop, it slows the computer and makes the desktop look ugly.

The problem you are facing happens most of the times with the software included in cameras and other appliances, it chooses where to store stuff based on whatever it was programmed which will not be the most optimum place. Instead of hitting the load/store/move or whatever button it has for moving the pics open the device (typically on my computer) and then reach for the folder inside where the content is stored. Then cut and paste it to the folder you have for the content on your pc (the one you created).
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)
Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread

freydaddy
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by freydaddy »

that sounds good El, but could you explain how to delete all the duplicate pics in the folders.
It seems that every time I want to load a few pics to the computer, it always ends up loading all of them again instead of just the new ones.
Then I have to go back and manually delete the duplicates and triplicates and so on.
I could just delete ALL the pics i have on my Kodak folder, then reload them.
They have different numbers labeled to the same pics. :dontknow:

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

It is not supposed to happen unless you are using the camera software to automatically do it. In that case the software will put a different number even if it's the same picture, it does it at a safe measure because if you empty the memory of your cam and start taking pics the new ones may have the same numbers as previous ones taken so if you upload those to the pc the may erase the previous ones (however most of the cameras put a different number even if the memory is empty and starts to load again, it all depends on the manufacturer). If you are using the software to auto-load the pics then you will have to go to the settings on it and see how that can be changed, I think there could be an option to create new folders for new pics or ask for what to do when files with the same names are stored.

If you are simply drag and dropping pictures like any other file and not using any software then windows is supposed to ask you if you want to replace a previously stored file with a new one if the have the same name. Choose yes and the old file will be replaced (and lost), choose no and the new file won't be copied to the pc. That's why I suggested opening the camera on my computer and copy/pasting the files yourself to a folder you want.
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)
Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread

pol
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by pol »

i cant realy find how to upload my pics also :banghead: i mean to the site maybe you could help me get the up on the forum pleas
pol kandler

Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Sandman »

Reading this topic will shed light on the matter.
http://www.civic4g.com/index.php/forum/ ... ?f=7&t=141
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic(sold)
2015 Accord Sport Business
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500