a bike build of deddth!

Anything not 4th gen related
deddth
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Re: a bike build of deddth!

Post by deddth »

looking for three-piece crank set... if you have it and want to sell it lmk.
yay.

deddth
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Post by deddth »

so. this morning i took the bike for a ride to my job, and a stupid guy in a toyota did this:

he called it a fender bender. i call it a wheel out of round and i haven't checked the fork yet. will do after work, and hopefully is ok.

he had to apologize when he said it was my fault... i don't think i've ever lost it like i did this morning... i kicked his f*cking car. motherfucker.

this was a pristine wheel. makes me want to toss it away. ugh.

yay.

deddth
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Post by deddth »

wheel has been trued by the bike shop in exchange for two cups of coffee :)

also spent the day cleaning and tidying up this gt mountain bike i got for free from a friend. plans are to convert it to a single speed, a bmx cruiser. already got rid of the front brake, derailleur, and rear and crank sprockets.

yay.

deddth
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Post by deddth »

update on the gt outpost bike build.

bike has been recleaned and rewaxed. same treatment for the wheels and now they look decent and shiny. fork has been swapped by a rigid unit i got for free. all i had to do was rethread it by myself at the bike shop. needs to be cut so the top screw fits properly (will do next time). definitely this one will undergo a single speed conversion, but it will not end a fixie. need to get me a 175mm crank that is able to hold a single sprocket. the actual unit is for multiple sprockets. needs a better seat, and of course it needs tires. thinking on going 1.95 or wider on this one, this frame would look awesome with some whitewall fatties.

even when the paint has been cleaned/rewaxed, it will be gone in due time for a flat tone. see fork for a hint on the new shade. i'm kinda sad that i will be losing the stickers though. specially the one that states that the main tubes on this frame are 4130 chrome-moly.

it'll take a sweet time though.

yay.

deddth
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Post by deddth »

so i woke up early today and went east of the island. picked this beauty for myself:

1996 dyno compe, green:

omg this bike was frozen in time... check the gt tires:

front

rear

sadly both tires are unusable... too much rot on the sidewall. btw the rear one exploded while the seller was trying to fill it up. this bike spent the major time of its 17yrs hanging from the ceiling in a garage dude decided to sell it when he convinced himself that he wasn't gonna ride it any more.

first order of business was getting rid of this hunk of crap. saved it because i can sell it = profit:

also removed every reflector on the bike... i hate them.

all the stickers are there, the paint is still fresh. a couple dings, nothing to worry.

swapped the wheels from the other bike. also lowered the laidback seat post as far as i was able to do so. i'll get a straight unit next week. i tend to hate laidback seat posts. bike came with a dyno viscount seat, light as f*ck but decided to reuse this mongoose seat. it's comfy ;)

also swapped the gt pedals because they were a bit bent. will fix them later though.

washed the bike and buffed some shine into it:

i tend to hate this gyro system but the bike is in such a pristine condition that is a shame to remove it. oh well, time will tell:

then i went for a bit of fun walking around:

an abandoned house with quite a bit of obscure history. the tiles will tell it all:

yay.

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

wtf?
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)
Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread

deddth
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Post by deddth »

el_jelly wrote:wtf?
yup. old abandoned house, built in the 30s. former owners sympathized with the third reich.

recleaned and rewaxed:

yay.

Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Sandman »

How many bikes do you have now?
I've found it hard to take out that single one I own, let alone several. :D
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic(sold)
2015 Accord Sport Business
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

91B16AHB
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by 91B16AHB »

deddth wrote:
yup. old abandoned house, built in the 30s. former owners sympathized with the third reich.
Not necessarily, unless local history has dictated otherwise. The swastika was actually still a very popular design, and used in many architectual applications well into the 30's. There is a Hindu temple near my apt. that has an intricate iron gate that is made up of interlocking swastikas, and I doubt any facist ties. It really wasn't until the mid 40's that the swastika became internationaly recognized as the symbol of the nazi party.
And will an acura crx seat on the 90's era fit my 90 dx?

deddth
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Post by deddth »

Sandman wrote:How many bikes do you have now?
I've found it hard to take out that single one I own, let alone several. :D
with this one, 4. :0
91B16AHB wrote:
deddth wrote:
Not necessarily, unless local history has dictated otherwise. The swastika was actually still a very popular design, and used in many architectual applications well into the 30's. There is a Hindu temple near my apt. that has an intricate iron gate that is made up of interlocking swastikas, and I doubt any facist ties. It really wasn't until the mid 40's that the swastika became internationaly recognized as the symbol of the nazi party.
hm. maybe wrong about the date on the house, but yes, local history tells they symphatized with the 3rd reich.

also the hindu swastika points the other way.

on another note, cleaned the bike and took it for a ride and a photoshoot:

obsessive compulsive with cleanliness much, huh?

:D
yay.

deddth
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Post by deddth »

reverse tucked the rear caliper. now the frame lines go undisturbed.

then cleaned it a bit.

ocd enough? lol. ;)
yay.

deddth
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Post by deddth »

update.

here, in all its glory: 180mm profile 3-piece crank, sealed american bb, fsa 44t sprocket:

started by taking piggie 1-piece crank out:

bearing cups are out...

... and the sealed units are in:

spindle is in:

et voilà ici:

got to get me new pedals lol. these are for mock up, they're too small for the crank.

f*ck yeah:

yay.

deddth
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Post by deddth »

bam. new kid on the block:

late 90's se racing pk ripper. fly bikes seat, sunday stem, fit bike fork, 180mm profile crank, redline 40T sprocket (the only thing i hate from this bike... need a 44 or 45T). tekro brakes, stops on a f*cking dime. wheels are primo 20x2.10, "the wall".

except the sprocket part, i love it. light and nimble. frame is excellent, lots of paint chips through the frame though. possibly powdercoating the frame later this year and backdating the decals.
yay.

2 Stroke Toy Chest
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by 2 Stroke Toy Chest »

that ripper is a beauty . rode on once easly comparble to the powerlite i have in the garage .maybe 25lbs complete 8) the aluminum frame can take a bit of beating , i choose something more durible now ,but when on a single wall set up 15 stairs or a 25ft double nothing but float time. good score on the island

91B16AHB
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by 91B16AHB »

One of my favorite frames of all time. I had mine back around 86' or so, and man what a frame that was. Gotta say I broke my powerlite in about a month of trail riding, but it was pretty well abused when I got my hands on it. But my all time favorite frame had to be my VDC chimp, scary light, but also pretty damn strong (coming from someone who broke more than his share of frames)

The PK is a true classic in BMX if there is any. You are talking about a 45yr old frame design.
And will an acura crx seat on the 90's era fit my 90 dx?