CIVIC4G.COM Menu header

1991 Civic Si Red

New here? Tell us who you are!

1991 Civic Si Red

Postby JessiMaggard » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:09 pm

Hello to whomever still reads these forum posts. About a year ago I bought a 1991 Civic Si hatch in Fairborn Ohio. It had only ever had one owner. When I bought it the rear quarter glass was busted out, that has since been replaced. The car is in decent shape, it was never molested. This is actually my second Si my first being a 2015 and this is my third Civic. This is actually my favorite of the 3 (8th, 9th and 4th gen).

The car has rust in the typical spots, but also on the hatch door which I will replace. I am female, I do all of the work myself (it's my hobby) but I don't know how to weld, so I don't know how I am going to fix the rust on the rocker and quarter panels.

The cars interior is in really good shape, the paint has somehow held up over the years as well its not great but it's a lot better than the 1991 Oldsmobile I had 13 years ago. The car is named Charlie. I have debated replacing the car with a less rusty 4th gen Si but I have yet to find one and I have an unnatural attachment. I'll attach photos of him when I am home. I only paid a 1000 which may have been too much, but I really do love the car so that's not the point.

I am here to gather as much information as feasibly possible as it pertains to helping me along the path of restoring Charlie to his original glory.

Thanks
JessiMaggard

Re: 1991 Civic Si Red

Postby Sandman » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:37 pm

Welcome :)
Finding an unmolested one is rare. Keeping it that way is easy.
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic Member ride topic
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500
Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 1991 Civic Si Red

Postby 91hatchligon » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:02 pm

Welcome! we are always glad to help when we can. :D
91hatchligon
L3 - Bolt ons