CIVIC4G.COM Menu header

I guess I'll get this started!

Use this forum to post comments / reactions on the Members Rides topics.

I guess I'll get this started!

Postby 91B16AHB » Tue May 18, 2010 6:35 pm

O.K. So there are finally a couple of cars up in the members rides, gotta say they've been a little slow in coming...(c'mon people!) and I don't want to hear about that "it's not ready yet" B.S. none of us are showing off '09 Si's The best part of a 20 year old car is seeing the p-p-p-proooooogress..

Anyway so far I like what I've seen, Timo's car is in a place alot of us are trying to get to right now. (clean) although I still think his rims are too big :P lol

Justin's car is most like mine I think, (we mod our cars $20 at a time, lol) Not to sound too much like El, but I can't wait to see it DROPpED! (and with a left corner) Needless to say, it has made me appreciate blue civic's

And Drivinacivic88? Prob my favorite car so far, don't ask me why, maybe I'm just sedan crazy right now...
I don't know if you plan on lowering it at all, but I think an inch would do wonders! :thumbright:
91B16AHB
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Re: I guess I'll get this started!

Postby Sandman » Wed May 19, 2010 3:35 pm

Great job, we needed someone to open the discussion.

16" wheels divide ppl, I prefer them with the smaller profile tires to give me more support sideways. At least it's not like an EG I saw over the weekend. Stock height with 18" or bigger wheels. Real tractor. :D

We were talking about small mods with Tursaanpoika the other day and it's amazing what you can do to 4G's with very little work. Small details make a big difference and that seems to be a common thing among about all the cars we have in the members area right now. Ofc. often it's something that a non 4G owner won't notice, but having 2 of them side by side when the other one is completely stock you can spot them even if you're not a fan of these.
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic Member ride topic
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500
Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby classictuners » Fri May 28, 2010 4:15 pm

91B16AHB wrote:And Drivinacivic88? Prob my favorite car so far, don't ask me why, maybe I'm just sedan crazy right now...
I don't know if you plan on lowering it at all, but I think an inch would do wonders! :thumbright:

i have to second that, i like the sedans a lot. before i deployed last year, there was a 90 or 91 ex sedan parked infront of of someones house down the street from me, if it's still there when i get back, i'm knocking on thier door and asking if they want to sell it. It's clean and all original except for some cheap pep boys brand 3 spoke wheels.
if i build another 4g it's going to be a sedan for sure....

And always, lots of love for Sandman's 1.6i, soooooooooooooooo clean! I love how you kept it original. My hat is off to you good sir O0
Loving Father, Honda Tech, Aspiring Auto-crosser, tenacious builder...

Honda inventory...
- 1991 Civic DX hatchback, SCCA Solo E Prepared
- 2010 Honda Fit Sport, SCCA Solo Street Touring FWD, Toyo tires
classictuners
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Postby drivinacivic88 » Fri May 28, 2010 8:12 pm

Let me start off by saying this: I hate hatchbacks. I think they are hideous.

That being said, let me say this:

To somedude88, I love your car. The fresh paint, the gloss black hood (I think primer looks ugly), and the nice rims just set it apart from alot of hatchbacks. But What catches my eye and makes yours stand out the most are those mudflaps. They look slick. Nice job.

To classictuners, Your hatch looks sweet as well. I love the clean engine compartment setup, and the overall appearance. The only thing I don't particularly like is the carbon fiber hood, but that's because I've never seen one up close, so I'm sure the pictures don't do them justice. Nice car. And one more thing, Thank you for serving our country.
drivinacivic88
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Postby classictuners » Fri May 28, 2010 8:41 pm

drivinacivic88 wrote:Let me start off by saying this: I hate hatchbacks. I think they are hideous.

??? :confused2: :happy6: >:D :angryfire: :banghead: :o
well i guess everyone has thier own taste....
thanks for your support though.
i like hatches way more than sedans, but like i said before, my next 4g will be a sedan for sure, i've owned 6 hatchbacks, 1 was a 1979, the rest were 4g's....so yeah, it's time for a sedan. you'll be glad to know that my d16 came from a sedan ;D the hatchbacks are lighter and more aerodynamic, easier to find jdm body parts (if you're into that sort of thing), and have sleeker bodies (maybe just an opinion) but what the sedan has that the hatch doesn't (other than 4 doors and an ugly dashboard) is sleeper appeal, and in my book, that gets a big thumbsup...
Loving Father, Honda Tech, Aspiring Auto-crosser, tenacious builder...

Honda inventory...
- 1991 Civic DX hatchback, SCCA Solo E Prepared
- 2010 Honda Fit Sport, SCCA Solo Street Touring FWD, Toyo tires
classictuners
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Postby Sandman » Sat May 29, 2010 12:16 pm

I've had both, I like both. If I sell my current DD a 4G sedan is a very likely replacement.
As for my current, thanks for the comments. There's still a good deal to do before I'm happy with it. But then again there always is when talking about a car as old as these.

HB or sedan, I like what I see. None of the cars featured here are bad. Styles vary, but they're still 4G's that have been looked after. ;)
Stand up and fight!
Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 91B16AHB » Sun May 30, 2010 11:38 am

I like Carbon fiber when it is used for its purpose...(reducing weight?)
Not so much when it is a fashion statement...(used along side 50lb 18" chrome rims?)

I also prefer hatches, but must admit I love all 4G's...hatch, sedan, wagon, CRX, I'd drive any of them...
(especially classic tuner's) ;D
The sloooow process of painting trim and cleaning my hatch are coming along, so I will hopefully be posting some more pics soon.
91B16AHB
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Postby 91B16AHB » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:36 am

So this is really starting to take off...I still havn't had the time to update my pictures, but I keep adding and painting things, so I keep thinking "once I get this done I will post some new pics" Anyway...some really nice cars poping up, and some...um... well lets just say there are some pretty nice cars.
I really enjoy seeing cars like pops' and 19civic89 that seem to be slow works in progress...I guess they keep me inspired to keep it up. I would drive any of them.

Keep up the good fight boys!

Oh....and it seems el_jelly's autobus is still MIA?
91B16AHB
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Postby el_jelly » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:51 pm

LOL, fingers crossed to get it painted in few weeks. Ghetto painting ftw ;D .
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)

Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread
el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Postby drivinacivic88 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:40 pm

I like what irsya79 did with his rear panel. I've been thinking about rigging mine up some way to make it glow green. Anyone have an idea how he did it?
drivinacivic88
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Postby el_jelly » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:40 pm

Well, the lighted center garnish was an option or special model accessory of jdm and other markets 4gs. Maybe our european friends could tell which model it came from.

that, the parking light pole, the underside tray for the passenger seat and the air freshener are probably the most sought items for our cars very difficult to find. But they guarantee you fast pass to jdm heaven :happy6: .

That stance on irsya79 ride is excellent.
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)

Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread
el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Postby Sandman » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:00 pm

Let's keep these pictures on the "pics of your 4G" topic. ;)
Stand up and fight!
Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby drivinacivic88 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:15 pm

Wow.... Those were actually options for our cars in the JDM market? I want the honda emblem. That's nice... Anyway, nice hatch Irsya!
drivinacivic88
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Postby jorgea » Fri May 11, 2012 4:56 pm

Timo's car is nice and a model built car for everyone else here
jorgea

Return to Members Rides Discussion