CIVIC4G.COM Menu header

Rims for civic 4g

Anything 4th gen non-TECH

Rims for civic 4g

Postby zloetakoe » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:12 pm

I saw a 1999 (or thereabouts) vw golf at the yard the other day. I was wondering if the alloy rims on that car would fit on a 88 civic sedan. Anyone know of a good resource that compares compatable cars/rims?

Thanks
zloetakoe
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:30 am

Re: Rims for civic 4g

Postby Sandman » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:34 pm

The lug pattern is the same(4x100), the ET is what matters here. The center hole should be the same.
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic Member ride topic
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500
User avatar
Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 5049
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:00 am
Location: Turku Finland

Re: Rims for civic 4g

Postby IHeartMySTD » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:01 am

I know they are 4x100 and the Offset (ET) is what you need to worry about like Sandman said....but I had some issues with VW wheels not working on my hatch because the center hole was too small....idk if the MKIII or MKIV VW models have bigger center holes or not.....but I knw the MKII VWs the center hole is def. too small!
90 ED6 aka The STD, project
89 EE2 aka The Swaggon' Wagon, daily
95 EJ2, "RACE CAR"
User avatar
IHeartMySTD
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:13 am
Location: Cornfields of Indiana

Re: Rims for civic 4g

Postby el_jelly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:09 am

Interesting question because I know plenty of people that have bought rims thinking all 4x100 are the same and discover the sad truth later. Here's some nice info I found for 4x100 wheels (miata forum):

Acura Integra (all models) 1986-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nuts / 56.15mm Bore)
Chevrolet Spectrum 1986-1989 (4x100mm)
Daewoo Lanos 1999-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 56.60mm Bore)
Daewoo Nubira 1999-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 56.60mm Bore)
Dodge Colt (all models) 1993-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 67.10mm Bore)
Dodge Neon (all) 1995-1997 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 57.10mm Bore)
Geo Prizm Base / GSI 1998-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.10mm Bore)
Geo Storm Base / GSI 1990-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.10mm Bore)
Honda Accord 1982-1989 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Honda Civic 80-2002-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Honda CRX 1982-1993 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Hyundai Accent GL/GS/L 2000-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 67.10mm Bore)
Isuzu I-Mark 1985-1990 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Isuzu Impulse 1989-1992 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Isuzu Stylus 1991-1992 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Kia Rio Cinco Wagon 2002-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Kia Sephia 1993-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Kia Spectra (all models) 2000-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Mazda Miata, MX5 1990-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.10mm Bore)
Mazda Protege DX/LX/EX 1990-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.10mm Bore)
Mitsubishi Mirage 1993-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 67.10mm Bore)
Nissan Pulsar, Sentra 1986-1999 (4x100mm / 12x1.25 Lug-nut / 59.10mm Bore)
Nissan 200 SX 1995-up (4x100mm / 12x1.25 Lug-nut / 59.10mm Bore)
Plymouth Neon 4-lug 1994-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 57.10mm Bore)
Saturn SC, SL1, SL2, SC2 1991-up (4x100mm / 57.10mm Bore)
Suzuki Esteem 1995-up (4x100mm / 12x1.25 Lug-nut / 54.10mm Bore)
Toyota Celica 1986-1991 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.06mm Bore)
Toyota Corolla 1996-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.06mm Bore)
Toyota Echo 2000-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.06mm Bore)
Toyota MR2 1986-1990 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.06mm Bore)
Toyota Paseo 1994-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.06mm Bore)
Toyota Tercel 1989-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.06mm Bore)
Volkswagen Golf GL/Cabriolet 1985-1998 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 57.10mm Bore)
Volkswagen Golf Cabriolet 1988-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 57.10mm Bore)
Volkswagen Golf III Cabriolet 1999-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 57.10mm Bore)
Volkswagen Jetta GL/Carat/GLS/GLI 1981-1998 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 57.10mm Bore)
Volkswagen Rabbit (all models) 1979-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 57.10mm Bore

The wheel you put in the car has to have a center bore equal or bigger than the stock bore diameter of the car. If the wheel center bore is smaller than the stock bore, the wheel has to be machined to make it bigger. If the wheel center bore is much bigger than the stock center bore it's recommended that you use adapter hub-centric rings to make it seat properly, although most of the lugnuts center the wheel to the lug so it's not so necessary (unless the wheel center bore is a lot bigger).
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)

Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread
User avatar
el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2002 3:27 am
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: Rims for civic 4g

Postby 91B16AHB » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Don't forget BMW E30's 4X100 57.1 center bore...I forget the offset.
And will an acura crx seat on the 90's era fit my 90 dx?
User avatar
91B16AHB
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred
 
Posts: 1537
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:26 pm
Location: Quinns NY

Re: Rims for civic 4g

Postby Sandman » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:14 pm

IHeartMySTD wrote:but I knw the MKII VWs the center hole is def. too small!

I had MKII steelies on my first 4G. That was before digital cameras got common so the only pic I have of it with those steelies is when my sedan stood in as the wedding car for my sister when the S-class merc that was supposed to do it broke down. :D
Picture: Click
Those steelies are off a MKII 1.6CL it was the better "Manhattan" one. :D
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic Member ride topic
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500
User avatar
Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 5049
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:00 am
Location: Turku Finland

Re: Rims for civic 4g

Postby IHeartMySTD » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:02 am

el_jelly wrote:Interesting question because I know plenty of people that have bought rims thinking all 4x100 are the same and discover the sad truth later. Here's some nice info I found for 4x100 wheels (miata forum):

Acura Integra (all models) 1986-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nuts / 56.15mm Bore)
Chevrolet Spectrum 1986-1989 (4x100mm)
Daewoo Lanos 1999-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 56.60mm Bore)
Daewoo Nubira 1999-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 56.60mm Bore)
Dodge Colt (all models) 1993-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 67.10mm Bore)
Dodge Neon (all) 1995-1997 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 57.10mm Bore)
Geo Prizm Base / GSI 1998-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.10mm Bore)
Geo Storm Base / GSI 1990-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.10mm Bore)
Honda Accord 1982-1989 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Honda Civic 80-2002-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Honda CRX 1982-1993 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Hyundai Accent GL/GS/L 2000-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 67.10mm Bore)
Isuzu I-Mark 1985-1990 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Isuzu Impulse 1989-1992 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Isuzu Stylus 1991-1992 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Kia Rio Cinco Wagon 2002-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Kia Sephia 1993-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Kia Spectra (all models) 2000-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Mazda Miata, MX5 1990-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.10mm Bore)
Mazda Protege DX/LX/EX 1990-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.10mm Bore)
Mitsubishi Mirage 1993-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 67.10mm Bore)
Nissan Pulsar, Sentra 1986-1999 (4x100mm / 12x1.25 Lug-nut / 59.10mm Bore)
Nissan 200 SX 1995-up (4x100mm / 12x1.25 Lug-nut / 59.10mm Bore)
Plymouth Neon 4-lug 1994-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 57.10mm Bore)
Saturn SC, SL1, SL2, SC2 1991-up (4x100mm / 57.10mm Bore)
Suzuki Esteem 1995-up (4x100mm / 12x1.25 Lug-nut / 54.10mm Bore)
Toyota Celica 1986-1991 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.06mm Bore)
Toyota Corolla 1996-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.06mm Bore)
Toyota Echo 2000-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.06mm Bore)
Toyota MR2 1986-1990 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.06mm Bore)
Toyota Paseo 1994-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.06mm Bore)
Toyota Tercel 1989-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.06mm Bore)
Volkswagen Golf GL/Cabriolet 1985-1998 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 57.10mm Bore)
Volkswagen Golf Cabriolet 1988-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 57.10mm Bore)
Volkswagen Golf III Cabriolet 1999-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 57.10mm Bore)
Volkswagen Jetta GL/Carat/GLS/GLI 1981-1998 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 57.10mm Bore)
Volkswagen Rabbit (all models) 1979-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 57.10mm Bore

The wheel you put in the car has to have a center bore equal or bigger than the stock bore diameter of the car. If the wheel center bore is smaller than the stock bore, the wheel has to be machined to make it bigger. If the wheel center bore is much bigger than the stock center bore it's recommended that you use adapter hub-centric rings to make it seat properly, although most of the lugnuts center the wheel to the lug so it's not so necessary (unless the wheel center bore is a lot bigger).

LEGIT!! :thumbright:
90 ED6 aka The STD, project
89 EE2 aka The Swaggon' Wagon, daily
95 EJ2, "RACE CAR"
User avatar
IHeartMySTD
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:13 am
Location: Cornfields of Indiana

Re: Rims for civic 4g

Postby IHeartMySTD » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:03 am

Sandman wrote:
IHeartMySTD wrote:but I knw the MKII VWs the center hole is def. too small!

I had MKII steelies on my first 4G. That was before digital cameras got common so the only pic I have of it with those steelies is when my sedan stood in as the wedding car for my sister when the S-class merc that was supposed to do it broke down. :D
Picture: Click
Those steelies are off a MKII 1.6CL it was the better "Manhattan" one. :D

I tried puttin MKII Snowflakes or w/e they are called and the center hole was too small....maybe the steelies are different?? IDK
90 ED6 aka The STD, project
89 EE2 aka The Swaggon' Wagon, daily
95 EJ2, "RACE CAR"
User avatar
IHeartMySTD
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:13 am
Location: Cornfields of Indiana

Re: Rims for civic 4g

Postby zloetakoe » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:23 pm

el_jelly wrote:Interesting question because I know plenty of people that have bought rims thinking all 4x100 are the same and discover the sad truth later. Here's some nice info I found for 4x100 wheels (miata forum):

Acura Integra (all models) 1986-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nuts / 56.15mm Bore)
Chevrolet Spectrum 1986-1989 (4x100mm)
Daewoo Lanos 1999-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 56.60mm Bore)
Daewoo Nubira 1999-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 56.60mm Bore)
Dodge Colt (all models) 1993-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 67.10mm Bore)
Dodge Neon (all) 1995-1997 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 57.10mm Bore)
Geo Prizm Base / GSI 1998-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.10mm Bore)
Geo Storm Base / GSI 1990-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.10mm Bore)
Honda Accord 1982-1989 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Honda Civic 80-2002-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Honda CRX 1982-1993 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Hyundai Accent GL/GS/L 2000-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 67.10mm Bore)
Isuzu I-Mark 1985-1990 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Isuzu Impulse 1989-1992 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Isuzu Stylus 1991-1992 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Kia Rio Cinco Wagon 2002-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Kia Sephia 1993-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Kia Spectra (all models) 2000-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 56.10mm Bore)
Mazda Miata, MX5 1990-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.10mm Bore)
Mazda Protege DX/LX/EX 1990-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.10mm Bore)
Mitsubishi Mirage 1993-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 67.10mm Bore)
Nissan Pulsar, Sentra 1986-1999 (4x100mm / 12x1.25 Lug-nut / 59.10mm Bore)
Nissan 200 SX 1995-up (4x100mm / 12x1.25 Lug-nut / 59.10mm Bore)
Plymouth Neon 4-lug 1994-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 57.10mm Bore)
Saturn SC, SL1, SL2, SC2 1991-up (4x100mm / 57.10mm Bore)
Suzuki Esteem 1995-up (4x100mm / 12x1.25 Lug-nut / 54.10mm Bore)
Toyota Celica 1986-1991 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.06mm Bore)
Toyota Corolla 1996-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.06mm Bore)
Toyota Echo 2000-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.06mm Bore)
Toyota MR2 1986-1990 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.06mm Bore)
Toyota Paseo 1994-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.06mm Bore)
Toyota Tercel 1989-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-nut / 54.06mm Bore)
Volkswagen Golf GL/Cabriolet 1985-1998 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 57.10mm Bore)
Volkswagen Golf Cabriolet 1988-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 57.10mm Bore)
Volkswagen Golf III Cabriolet 1999-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 57.10mm Bore)
Volkswagen Jetta GL/Carat/GLS/GLI 1981-1998 (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 57.10mm Bore)
Volkswagen Rabbit (all models) 1979-up (4x100mm / 12x1.5 Lug-bolt / 57.10mm Bore

The wheel you put in the car has to have a center bore equal or bigger than the stock bore diameter of the car. If the wheel center bore is smaller than the stock bore, the wheel has to be machined to make it bigger. If the wheel center bore is much bigger than the stock center bore it's recommended that you use adapter hub-centric rings to make it seat properly, although most of the lugnuts center the wheel to the lug so it's not so necessary (unless the wheel center bore is a lot bigger).

perfect. Just what I was looking for. THANKS!
zloetakoe
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:30 am


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron