CIVIC4G.COM Menu header

Re: What did you do to your EF today?

Anything 4th gen non-TECH

Postby Sandman » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:26 pm

I changed the seatbelt clip on my sedan the other day. The old one refused to clip in.
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic Member ride topic
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500
Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kspraker » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:57 pm

Technically I didn't do it as my daughter has had the car all summer with her. The battery managed to go dead on her so I talked her through that swap while on the phone and Skyping with her. She somehow lost or broke a hood bolt so I have that to look forward to fixing upon her return next week. It will be good to the girl again (both my daughter and the ED6). :o
1991 DX Hatch - bone stock - well not the stereo - but the rest is!!
kspraker
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Postby kspraker » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:23 pm

Well daughter came home and I found the hood hinge was broken. Part numbers everywhere but you can't buy it new. Off to the ol' interwebs I went and purchase a junk yard part. At least it was tahitian green so it matched!!!

Installed a new subwoofer lately. Put in a small 8" but in a ported box. It takes up most of the hatch but it sounds good. Since it is not my daily driver any more I don't care. Also found the A/C compressor blew the front seal again. That was a lot of money down the drain - no warranty left. The repair did last 2 years though. Not sure if I'll fix it again though - these rebuilt compressors seem to be a bit sketchy.

How about everyone else? Is there anyone left on this board?
kspraker
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Postby Sandman » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:12 pm

My sedan needed some TLC. New wheel arch on the rigth rear side, fixed the inner wheel arch. fixed a rust spot on the rocker panel as well as the end of the rocker panel. She also got a new exhaust. Needed a little modding because the cat model exhaust was shorter(ofc. Since I havce a non-cat model). Pics when ever photobucket stops being an ass.
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic Member ride topic
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500
Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kspraker » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:48 am

Wow this thread has really gone dead.

Not today but this past weekend I fixed my windshield wipers. My daughters have been using the 4G and the driver's side gave up. Research indicated motor but since only one failed I figured the transmission was at fault. To eliminate all the issues (since the they've been a bit loose and wonky their whole life I've owned them) I went ahead and did all the linkage and a new motor too!

It is so great to have fully functional wipers. Thanks to Rock Auto for having everything I needed so hopefully they'll last another 25 years - although not sure me or the car will last that long.

276k and still driven on a regular basis. Love my Civic!
kspraker
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Previous

Return to General Discussion