CIVIC4G.COM Menu header

Regional section and meet section

Post suggestions / questions / errors or any comments you may have on the site / forum.

Regional section and meet section

Postby teejay » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:49 pm

I feel if you had a regional section and meet section, people will be more active on the site. They will be able to talk to and meet up with locals from the site a lot easier. Therefore bringing more 4g members together and increasing the sites activity. There is a lot of people that are unaware of this site. I just found this site looking for an old 4g site that is no longer active. Its a little dead in here, so im determined to make things better. O0
teejay

Re: Regional section and meet section

Postby el_jelly » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:58 am

We have talked many times about adding more sections and after intense debate we have concluded that as it is right now keeps things simple. Your idea is great and I visit many forums where there's a layout like that, however they have the problem of stuff scattering all around the forum, people asking the same questions twice or more and they reach the point where there's a lot of people posting in one or a couple of areas and the rest are dead. I was a super mod at one forum and we ended deleting more than 15 areas because of lack of interest and posting by people.

However having people from one area to meet up, share info, common places, meet in person, etc is always great. Myself will like to meet more 4g owners in person where I live and bring them here, but most of the honda owners I know don't like forums or the idea of modifying cars at all. Also as you may see not many people like to mention where they are from or live at the moment, even the lots of members we have from Cali doesn't meet at all (obviously there are exceptions) like I see people do in other sites ??? . Having more people from NY and other northeastern states will be good, the same for people of all around the world which in this site are a lot...and I like that :D .

In the other hand you can create a topic for bringing people of your area, and keep it going strong so new comers notice it when they get here, share info, meet up, etc. I know the forum seems a little dead compared to others but it's the nature of it, is good to not have that massive flaming, fights and dramas that I see in many honda forums.
el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Postby Dave » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:19 am

this is different to other sites, as you may notice there is no flaming, ripping on newbs or anything like that like what you would get in most other forums. but there is allot of knowledgeable people here who are willing to share knowledge and expand there own. ask a question it will get answered, no bullshit and you will normally get good info, some of the other forums are like a brothel will all of the shit they have
Dave
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Postby Sandman » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:38 am

If this seems dead, you've seen nothing yet. :D
Some years back we had veeeeery little activity. One post per day was lucky.
Meet etc. thread/area whould be a good idea if we had more members. As it is now I fear that we're spread over too much to get it to work properly.
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic(sold)
2015 Accord Sport Business
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500
Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 91B16AHB » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:09 pm

You guys all make good points, we are spread pretty thin when you consider we that have members from the U.S to the Phillipenes and everywhere in between, and I agree that the site is good as it is, however it would be nice to attract new members regionally. This is of course up to us really. I have noticed Justin and Jamie must live near each other, and have met up to help each other out. Of course when I reached out to a member in Athens, becasue I was gonna be spending some time there and thought about buying a hatch to leave in Greece, I got a minor flaming ::) Unfortunatley alot of people, especially from the States, have developed that Honda Paranoa, which tends to occur when you drive a car that is always at the top of the list of "most stolen", and you have yourself had one stolen...My first hatch was stolen, and unfortunatley I'm pretty sure it was stolen by another 4G owner. That being said, the general maturity of most members here seems to suggest that we don't have alot of car theives among us.
I guess if we want to, we can always start regional threads in "off topic" and spread the word ourselves to try 'n keep 'em going strong. After all, most of the regional forums here SUCK, so it would be nice to try and form some kind of local "chapters" without getting away from the general quality of this forum.
I of course only know of one other member in NYC, and I think there are a couple in nearby Conn. and NJ...but I don't really know anyone else who owns a 4G, a guess except for a Kid with a 90 Si that works at the local Autozone, I guess I can tell him about this place next time I buy Oil... ;D
91B16AHB
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Postby teejay » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Ok i will make a thread for the northeast members to come together and we'll see how it works out. I personally enjoy meets and having photographer take pics of the cars. I still meet up with ephatch.com (even though i don't have one anymore) and meet up with Acurazine.com all the time with my RL. I plan on doing some scca racing with my hatch and it'll be great to have some 4g members come to chill and help out sometime.
I understand your views on people being rude and disrespectful to each other but there is always a bad apple in the bunch. You can just banned those guys, who needs them anyway. Those are the guys that call everything they don't agree with, rice. I personally am a grown man and love cars. So i am here to help anyone that needs it, over the web or at there's or my house. Im not afraid of thieves,That what guns are for. lol
teejay

Postby bracer » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 pm

I indeed think the reality is that we are too small to make a separate regional section. Our member base is still growing but the majority of the 3000+ members make 1 or 2 posts to ask a question and never come back.
I think we are a great community though and considering the age of our beloved 4th gen I'm don't think we will get much bigger than we are now.
2007 325i
Ex 1991 Porsche 944 S2
Ex 1990 1.6i-VT Hatchback
bracer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dave » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:30 pm

bracer wrote:majority of the 3000+ members make 1 or 2 posts to ask a question and never come back.

but that too is typical of this forum, most people have a bit of a read through what we say and because we are nice (no flaming, dont pick on newbs etc) people feel comfortable enough to post a question (especially when they see how many knowledgeable people we have here) in other forums you need to post about 25 times talking shit (OT) before anyone will ever help you out.

but as i said that is the nature of this forum, but i like it the way it is.
Dave
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Postby rinaldo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:45 pm

Sandman wrote:If this seems dead, you've seen nothing yet. :D
Meet etc. thread/area whould be a good idea if we had more members. As it is now I fear that we're spread over too much to get it to work properly.

I'd like to come to some Finnish Civic or Honda meeting ::)
My thread is over 20 000 times viewed. Start from the beginning
or view the latest update( 17-04-2013 )
rinaldo
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Postby Sandman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:59 am

rinaldo wrote:
Sandman wrote:If this seems dead, you've seen nothing yet. :D

I'd like to come to some Finnish Civic or Honda meeting ::)

I'm sure you'd be welcome in any of them :)
There are meets fairly often, a lot of them just a ferry ride away from Tallinn :)
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic(sold)
2015 Accord Sport Business
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500
Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 91EFbluehatch » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:11 pm

We need a meet for some people in the south as well.
I live in mississippi ,and it would be hard for me to meet up with you all, but i still would love to meet with fellow 4g'ers.
91 CIVIC hatch. b16a2 in the works
91EFbluehatch
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Postby vbtoons » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:35 am

This was our last meet in California. Enjoy!

I apologize to others that I may have missed.. hope there are other pics that people will post to help give props to those who are due their recognition for supporting the event... till next year.. keep passing on the news!

vbtoons

Postby classictuners » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:56 pm

The only meets i've been too involving 4g's were in hinesville, which is near Savannah GA, the other guys knew of this site but weren't active members. I've posted topics on 4g owners in the southeast, and have gotten some responses, but never met any of them. I'm content with just meeting 4g owners at scca events, there's plenty at your local autocross or club race.
But if i catch wind of meets i'll try to post on here so other members can come, i know Varsity in downtown ATL holds a big meet once a month, but it's all makes of cars, trucks and bikes.
Loving Father, Honda Tech, Aspiring Auto-crosser, tenacious builder...

Honda inventory...
- 1991 Civic DX hatchback, SCCA Solo E Prepared
- 2010 Honda Fit Sport, SCCA Solo Street Touring FWD, Toyo tires
classictuners
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Postby el_jelly » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:16 pm

That black DA stance is sick! And the blonde on the side looks nice too ;) .
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)

Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread
el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Postby 91B16AHB » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:57 pm

I don't know if anyone noticed, but it looks like Justin finally got a passenger side corner, lol.
I'm suprised he didn't post pics.
91B16AHB
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Next

Return to CIVIC4G.COM Site / Forum