CIVIC4G.COM Menu header

D15b4 dual carb

Anything 4th gen TECH related

D15b4 dual carb

Postby Fred » Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:39 pm

[quote=""dualcarby
You could easily transplant a dual carb setup onto a DOHC ZC... many have done it, specifically drag racers...[/quote"]

How whould I go so! I mean the wiring is gona be different would it or just my trottle body, what whould be needed, sounds kinda hard
speed kills.. but you'll get their faster
Fred
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

D15b4 dual carb

Postby dualcarby » Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:52 pm

You would actually use less wiring than now. Carbs do not need an ECU to run... Plus the carbs will replace your whole intake manifold, throttle body and injectors/rail...

But you might have a problem with the distributor... carb's engines use a different dissy...

If I were you, I would stick to FI, you have much more aftermarket support for your FI setup... to go from FI to carbs or from carbs to FI is a very long process, and it will cost you a bunch, rather upgrade what you've got already. FI does respond well to cold air intakes, ram air, etc...
1990 honda 4 door.
d15b3 (singlecarb) thrown out.
ZC SOHC dual carb motor swap
Highly modified carbs
TNT headers
Brospeed f/f exhaust
15" TSW EVO R rims
Custom spoiler kit
dualcarby
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Re: D15b4 dual carb

Postby CIVICJD » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:23 am

Hi my friend, is SO hard ti find info like this, but thanks god i found this web site, my friend i have a civic with d15b3 engine, i just bought a dualcarb with intake manifold, but in this city there is nobody who wants to help me to install it on my d15b3, can you post some pics or give me some instructions to do it, please help, i hope that with this mod the engine runs better... thanks if some body can help me.. please do it!!!! my e-mail is jdc0581@hotmail.com
CIVICJD

Postby CIVICJD » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:16 pm

Ok... Thanks my friends.... all i want is have a step by step guide before start the installing work, bassed on your experiences with pics and stuffs... its really hard to get info and diagrams of this carbs.... but anyway thanks and i will start the installig work with empty hands and tools.... no guide.... i will post all about this swap, but i really need help, ThanksCIVICJD
1st Gear Member

Car details: 1993 Civic Ex MT SA model d15b3 TO DUAL CARB SWAP
Private messageE-mail CIVICJD
CIVICJD

Postby el_jelly » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:21 pm

Since you are simply installing a dual carb and manifold on your car I think it won't be difficult. I'm not experienced in carbs but I think you need some stuff for the fuel to work with both carbs and to have them sychronized. Here's a page i found for everything related to carbs on d-series, 79 pages for reading and sure you will have some answers there: http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-b ... carbs.html

If you want to make a write up on the process that would be great so people see how is done, being the first is always fun.
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)

Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread
el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Previous

Return to Tech Discussion