CIVIC4G.COM Menu header

d15b2 dpfi bogging problems under load misreading tach

Anything 4th gen TECH related

d15b2 dpfi bogging problems under load misreading tach

Postby somedude88 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Replaced plugs, wires, cap and rotor, coil, replaced ecu, no luck. Wants to bog on load after warmup at partial throttle. Tachometer misreads and jumps up and down. Don't know what it could be but I'm suspecting something in the dpfi, I was thinking throttle position but doesn't look like it's easily removable, no screws. This is really driving me nuts it drives great when it isn't doing this, it glitches enough to piss me off I've put a lot of money in this car and still doesn't run right, btw full throttle works fine.

Derek
somedude88
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Re: d15b2 dpfi bogging problems under load misreading tach

Postby el_jelly » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:44 am

It could be tps but probably it would throw a code, the eacv could also be the problem, remove it and clean it to see. Also spray some carb cleaner down the tb, add some fuel cleaner like seafoam and give it a hard run.

Did you changed the fuel filter? How's the fuel consumption lately?

The tps and the eacv have a testing procedure on the manual, check them.
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)

Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread
el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Postby somedude88 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:40 am

It only seems to act up when it's hot. It's intermittent, I'll try testing the TPS. The Fuel filter was changed less than 10k ago. Fuel consumption I get up to 37 miles to the gallon mixed driving lately. I would think it's safe to assume I get the normal 40 on the freeway, All on the up and up there. I test my mileage every fill up.

Do you mean the idle air control valve? If so I have pulled it out cleaned the screen with throttle body cleaner very well. I also cleaned out the throttle body as much as possible without taking it off, but when looking down before I started it was very clean I could see the shiny aluminum casting. I run injector cleaner often and have put seafoam through this car a couple times.

Derek
somedude88
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Postby el_jelly » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:33 pm

Sometimes tach problems could be due to distributor or its components malfunction, wiring or some sensor related to signals (coolant sensor, oil sensor, etc).
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)

Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread
el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Postby 91EFbluehatch » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:01 pm

ignition coil in the dizzy. almost 100%sure
sounds like its doin what my 93 eg si was doin.
91 CIVIC hatch. b16a2 in the works
91EFbluehatch
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Postby somedude88 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:05 am

I did replace coil, I thought FOR SURE that was it :-( But it wasn't
somedude88
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Postby somedude88 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:06 am

I did replace coil, I thought FOR SURE that was it :-( But it wasn't

I'm thinking about just switching to mpfi, it will probably go away I just won't know what parts are good to sell off.

Cause if I have to buy a dizzy, I might as well go mp since I have to buy one anyways.
somedude88
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Postby somedude88 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:57 pm

If you guys could help me out, I'm in the midst of paying 100 bucks for an mpfi Intake complete with fuel rail and TB with connectors, comes with resistor box. Sound like a good deal, is it? It's from a pm6 intake.

All I need is some wire, an ecu, coolant hose, bottom intake mount and distributor. Do I need to do anything with the fuel lines or will they reach just fine? It looks clean he is also selling a d16z6 distributor 0bd1 could i use that or not without hassle on a d15b2 head, also i want to go with a z6 head but no money to do it now would a d16 usdm si distributor work fine with d16z6 head and ecu? Trying to do this in steps maybe, right now I just don't want to waist more money on DPFI, I've already bought a cap and rotor too many time and a coil, 95 dollars wasted in my book, the glitch just irritates me so bad.
somedude88
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Postby el_jelly » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:41 pm

If it has everything on it then for 100 probably is good, however it doesn't have the ecu which could be difficult to find. Remember you also need the two additional injector plugs and the dist. plugs. to mod the stock harness.

To complete the mpfi conversion you need the pm6 ecu and the d16a6 distr. best thing to do is first do the conversion with stock components. Troubleshoot problems, enjoy it and then in the future get the z6 head and z6 distr. to make it work you may also need a conversion harness and the ecu to make it obd1 and activate vtec, as you see that's more work and money.

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Postby somedude88 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Can I use a d16z6 fuel rail, injectors and stuff? Is there a difference between obd1 and obd0 injectors other than the resister box, if I get obd1 injectors can I wire them up to an obd0 ecu?
somedude88
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Postby somedude88 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:10 pm

I'd like to get the d16z6 intake off to bat as I heard it's better than the d16a6, is this correct?
somedude88
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Postby el_jelly » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:40 am

The obd1 injectors don't need the resistor box, I think you can use them with a obd0 ecu.

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Postby cougar289 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:53 pm

OBD1 injectors will work fine. Don't wire them to the resistor box, take all the wires that would normally run to the resistor box on OBD0 injectors, strip the ends, solder them all together, heatshrink wrap, and you're done!

If you're going to do that, then go ahead and get a complete D16Z6 manifold. It has better geometry than the a6 manifold, and flows better. Good for a few extra hp, and also more future potential. You'll also eliminate the firewall mounted MAP sensor, and purge solenoid this way. If you're sticking with OBD0 for now, then grab up a D16A6 distributor. Once you decide to swap the z6 head on, get a z6 distributor, p28 ecu, and fully OBD-1 swap it.

The OBD0 injector clips will have to be dremel modified to fit OBD-1 injectors, unless you have OBD-1 injector clips that you can go ahead and wire in.
cougar289
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Postby somedude88 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:08 pm

I think I'm going to do the z6 manifold, with obd1 injectors, keep my b2 head for right now, I can't run my car it's so bad, pick up a dizzy, where can I find one cheap, I notice one guy is parting out his car I pmed him cause for some reason i couldn't post in his thread, I'de need his ECU and dizzy.

This guy gave me the choice of obd1 or 0 injectors with resistor I'll go obd1 y not.
somedude88
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Postby somedude88 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:16 pm

I just obtained my d16z6 intake for my d15b2 but it came broke cause it was dropped on it's top. A fitting snapped off on the top, could someone tell me what it is... the little fitting is maybe 1/4" and above the intake tube, in the middle and it leads to teeny tiny needle holes near the butterfly.

Here's a crappy pic from my crappy camera if it AT all helps

One more thing, I got my d16a6 dizzy and it's VERY hard to move, I took it somewhat apart and the ball bearing under the rotor looks fine no slop, would this maybe free up when i get it on the car, I have never taken one of these apart is the other bearing/bushing on the other side easy to replace or should I just throw it on. I know my d15b2 dizzy moves easily, this one i have to hurt my fingers to get it to move. I was wondering if it just needs oil to get into it from the head or something, it moves smoothly when it does move, not like grinding or anything, it feels gummed up.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff10 ... CT0511.jpg

Derek
somedude88
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Return to Tech Discussion