CIVIC4G.COM Menu header

Rev9 aluminum radiator/89 civic si troubleshooting

Anything 4th gen TECH related

Rev9 aluminum radiator/89 civic si troubleshooting

Postby rcrgirlee » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:12 am

I purchased a REV9 aluminum radiator and have been struggling to mount it. Bumps into cross member and seems too tall for hood to close. Before I throw in the towel, return it and go back to my oem radiator....has anyone used this radiator or a similar one on a 1.6 M/t? I apologize if this topic has been covered, no need to be rude, just redirect me tks. I searched around and didn't find specific troubleshooting threads related to full size alum. radiators. Also, I lowered my rad. mounting brackets back in the day so that my fiberglass hood would fit and this is also causing a bit of a headache for me.

Radiator purchased: http://www.godspeedperformance.com/1988 ... 75193.html

I sure hope there are still some 4th gen heads still alive out there....
1989 Honda Civic 1.6 Si and many good memories of the old Battle of the Imports days. =D
rcrgirlee

Re: Rev9 aluminum radiator/89 civic si troubleshooting

Postby 91hatchligon » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:34 pm

I have never fitted a none oem radiator so I won't be much help but I'll try :) Pictures might be helpful for fitment questions also if you already lowered the rad mounts for the hood I would still be questioning if the hood its self is the problem not the radiator as far as the cross member problem that's where pictures would be handy.
91hatchligon
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Re: Rev9 aluminum radiator/89 civic si troubleshooting

Postby Sandman » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:01 pm

As someone who sells aftermarket radiators at work this sounds like you've got the wrong rad for your car. There are 2 makes of OEM radiators and the only difference is the other lower bracket that it sits on. And even this has been addressed in some of the aftermarket models(like the Nissens one I have in my hatch).
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic Member ride topic
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500
Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Tech Discussion