CIVIC4G.COM Menu header

1990 Civic 4door sedan help!

Anything 4th gen TECH related

1990 Civic 4door sedan help!

Postby Robothouse » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:49 pm

Hey everyone,

First time poster on this forum, but long time 4th gen civic lover! My first car was a 1988 Civic LX 4door sedan, that my Dad was given to him by one of his employees back in 2005, when I was just 15. I only had the civic until I was 18, sold it so I could drive 5speed, and then my interest in FWD faded, and I got into the AE86 chassis. So please forgive me for my lack of knowledge on the Civic. Also my Grandmother bought a 1990 Civic DX brand new from Honda out in here in Canada, which is now my younger sisters first car. This car means a lot to our family as she is no longer with us anymore, so my dad and I are going to try and keep it alive for as long as possible.

In the 5 years that my sister has owned the vehicle, it has been driven through a garage door, and been the victim of a Doctor who couldn't figure out how to park his Benz properly. So it needs a new Hood and drivers front fender, I went out and pulled a hood and a fender off a pale blue civic hatchback, and got my sister to paint the hood black (her civic is unfortunately Brown), anyways we went to go put it on last night and it didn't fit. After reading that the hoods are not interchangeable, I need to know if the fenders are interchangeable between the Hatchback and the 4door Sedan, before I get my sister to put in the time to sand it down and paint it like the hood. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Robothouse

Re: 1990 Civic 4door sedan help!

Postby Sandman » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:53 pm

The fenders are not compatible. The sedan front end is longer than the HB, in any case. Good luck with it :)
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic Member ride topic
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500
Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Tech Discussion