CIVIC4G.COM Menu header

suspension EG to EF sedan

Anything 4th gen TECH related

suspension EG to EF sedan

Postby Spliph_Dubius » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:52 am

So I have this slow moving project. I got a clean 91 sedan w STD transmission but engine was trashed. Whoever the previous owner had work on this vehicle was a complete boob. Bolts loose [some missing]. I have recently obtained a D16Y7 from a wrecked 99 EX. 190-200 psi across all 4 cylinders. Underneath the valve cover showed a very well maintained engine. Very clean inside. Suspension question: I am no fan of scraping the bottom of my car off. Can stand the camber stanced cars. What I am wanting to do since I live in FL and we have dirt roads all over and really shitty paved ones, is raise my car some and put meatier tires on some "14s with a slighty protruding offset. I was told that I can use EG suspension for what I'm wanting to do. Can anyone confirm this? What all would I need? Unless there are other suggestions.
Spliph_Dubius

Re: suspension EG to EF sedan

Postby 91hatchligon » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:06 pm

I my self have never looked into raising a civic so I'm no help on that. If I remember right the EG shocks are a smaller diameter than the EF therefor they are not a direct fit.
91hatchligon
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Re: suspension EG to EF sedan

Postby Jon Widmer » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:23 pm

Go to civic wagon.com and do some searching. They have some threads about lifting wagons using older accord and integra suspension pieces. I cannot remember exactly which because I'm not really interested but the info is there. I imagine it should work on and EF sedan also since the suspension is almost exactly the same. The wagons rear trailing arms are different and the same with the larger drums but the suspension geometry will be the same and should work.
Jon Widmer
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Return to Tech Discussion