CIVIC4G.COM Menu header

Auto to Stick

Anything 4th gen TECH related

Auto to Stick

Postby cjohnsontech » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:51 am

Hello Everyone! I'm back!!

So I finally managed to find my car in the garage and cleared room enough to even work on it again! In the meantime of not working on it, I had collected several new pieces to my puzzle. Main part I have is a complete harness (headlight to taillight and everything in between!) to replace my messed up harness. I installed it all and realized too late that it is for an auto trans. No big deal but now I'm looking for some help from anyone who may have done the conversion or anyone who is willing to take some pictures of their existing auto car. The auto shifter has some plugs that I need to either couple or ground and I'm hoping I can get some better information than HT lurking had to offer. I'm fairly certain I need to ground the two large black wires to eliminate the park/neutral ignition control. I think I also need to ground out another wire for the cruise control light to turn off.

But, back to the good! I have working taillights, hazards, and blinkers! I bought and drove it home without those and today was the first time I've seen my blinkers!!!
Trying to keep my page current with worthwhile information. PM me if you want me to add something:
http://www.cjohnsontech.com
cjohnsontech
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Re: Auto to Stick

Postby cjohnsontech » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:56 am

Also, I have a few connectors coming from the rear cabin harness that don't connect to my manual harness from the gauge cluster. Do I leave it hanging or do I need to pin it to something else?
Trying to keep my page current with worthwhile information. PM me if you want me to add something:
cjohnsontech
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Postby Jon Widmer » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:20 pm

What year and trim is your car?

What year and trim did the harness come from?
Jon Widmer
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Postby cjohnsontech » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:28 pm

Thank you Jon for the reply!

Mine is a 91 STD Hatch but they harness donor is unknown. I'm noticing a few things that may narrow it down if you happen to know the differences. The new harness connectors for the MAP and EVAP are right next to the fuse box making me think it may be a Canadian model but that's from some very sketchy research. Also, the EVAP connector has four pins instead of my previously two pins.

My idle is super high but I'm working through that as a vacuum issue for the time being unless I find something that points me in the right direction. With MAP plugged in, it starts and holds around 3K and Code 3 flashing. With MAP unplugged, it starts and holds around 2K and still has a Code 3.

Starting the car was as simple as jumping the two black wires going to the center console shifter. I believe that's going to be turned into a switch for security. :-)

Next electrical is also going to have to be something to get the reverse lights working...
cjohnsontech
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Postby cjohnsontech » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:32 pm

Quick update between projects at work:

Reviewed some electrical and connector diagrams. Looks like the four pin EVAP setup is used for California automatic transmissions. So looks like I'll be doing a re-pin on the connector to take care of that. Still looking over the rest of it for any other issues.
cjohnsontech
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

Return to Tech Discussion