Re: My 89 Si build!

Anything 4th gen non-TECH
CBURKE
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Post by CBURKE »

Ok, time to get dirty!!! Today I got 3 rolls of sand paper: 180, 220, 400 also got some bumper stripper and epoxy primer! When I am done with the sanding I will go and get my 2K primer so I can spray it all, then time for paint!

Pics soon!

CBURKE
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Post by CBURKE »

CBURKE
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Post by CBURKE »

fender stripped!

antenna blocking plate

Pass side door done!

So sick of SANDING!!!

All tint needed to come off

Next door

Got my Dash gauge pod done. This will go above the radio.

And because I need a small muffler to run on the pass side and not go across the back I will be making my own muffler! Just a start for now.

All for now, getting my 2K primer tomorrow and ordering my paint next week! Also need a 4" pipe to finish off the muffler!

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

Will you put another pipe inside the perforated one so it looks like a machine gun? 8)

Another q out of curiosity, why you put a blocking plate on the antenna instead of just filling the hole?

The acrylic plate sure will look fine.

CBURKE
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Post by CBURKE »

el_jelly wrote:Will you put another pipe inside the perforated one so it looks like a machine gun? 8)

Another q out of curiosity, why you put a blocking plate on the antenna instead of just filling the hole?

The acrylic plate sure will look fine.
The pipe you see goes in-side a 4" pipe with steel wool and fiberglass. I am running out of time and did not want to weld up another hole.

Ordered my Lug nuts today! Bought my 2K primer and ordered my tires! I can now spray my epoxy and finish what little body work I have then spray the primer! Man I am so close I can see it in my head! Just hope everything turns out ok!

androctonus
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by androctonus »

SOO SICK! :D Cant wait to see this one finished! O0
91 ED3

CBURKE
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Post by CBURKE »

Ok, after working all day yesterday the car is now in full epoxy!

Next is the 2K high build primer and sand with 400. Should have paint on it Sat if the weather holds up!

eundaddy

Post by eundaddy »

Hey, I joined the forum just today. I bought my hatch yesterday and looked through this forum and found this thread. I'm very impressed with your work. I'm very bad with body work, so I'll never trust myself to do anything like sanding or priming. Mechanically my car seems to be okay... I probably have a few gaskets to replace, nothing too serious.

I was curious though, why did you decide against the Mugens? I thought they looked beautiful. I thought they will look perfect with your paint scheme... it's kind of similar to the 08 Mugen Si's.

The supports that you fabricated seems to be a great investment. Shoot me a PM for more details on it. I'd really like your own opinion when you get the car started. Good luck with your paint!

CBURKE
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Post by CBURKE »

I really didn't want to sell them, but time were starting to get hard and it was that or I would have to stop the build and I know if I did that I would have gave up and sold the car. I do have the chance to buy them back if I want but I don't have the money right now. I have a diff wheel in mind but everyone will have to wait and see. As far as my bars go I have kind of backed off doing that stuff for now. I mean I will make them if someone wants them but I am not promoting them anymore.

Thanks for looking and welcome!

CBURKE
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Post by CBURKE »

Well got the high build down last night! Just need to wet sand and lay some paint!

rinaldo
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Post by rinaldo »

I like your build thread. You work fast and post a lot of pictures. Keep up the good work!
My thread is over 20 000 times viewed. Start from the beginning
or view the latest update( 17-04-2013 )

teejay

Post by teejay »

Wow your doing such a great job rebuilding her. I read this whole thread non stop with excitement. Keep up the good work! :headbang:

CBURKE
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Post by CBURKE »

Thanks man that means a lot!

Last night I found out something, I hate WET sanding even more then SANDING!!! MFG!!!!
Well, got my paint this morning and was talking to my paint supply guy and he did adv me it may not be a good idea to paint in 50' weather, but with my time restraint I HAVE to get it painted this Saturday! It will be sitting until Wednesday so I think I'll be good. (((cross fingers))). Maybe a space heater!

On another note, I got my 4" pipe to finish my muffler, really hope it sounds ok! I will have a sound clip when it is done.

freydaddy
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by freydaddy »

need to watch the humidity too.

CBURKE
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Post by CBURKE »

freydaddy wrote:need to watch the humidity too.
That will be like 0 lol