Need a little HELP...

Anything 4th gen TECH related

Kingz91EX
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Need a little HELP...

Post by Kingz91EX »

I have coil over sleeves on dropped all the way as far as I can take her, put strut bars all around top/bottom...but stll seems to bounce a good bit, any idea's on how to minimize the bounce more... :banghead:

andersen

Re: Need a little HELP...

Post by andersen »

what brand coilovers do you have? Also what shocks are you running? But when you are that low its going to be a little bouncy no matter what you do.

Kingz91EX
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by Kingz91EX »

some ebay coilovers to start with and stagg shocks...I've been working towards the slammed stance in time I'm going with a set of coilover/shock combo hoping to get a more solid ride...

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

Extended top hats may help a little, however remember that if shocks are not designed with a small body and/or are not designed for slammed suspensions then they will have some problems including that bouncing. That's why many, when going for the slammed look opt for coilovers that can go really low.
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)
Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread

gtviper2178
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by gtviper2178 »

how long have you had those coilover sleeves? because i had some ebay coils myself and after a few months they started to sag and my ride just got worse over time..

Kingz91EX
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by Kingz91EX »

they only been o my car for a month or two tops...

cougar289
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by cougar289 »

Your choice of strut + coil springs is of very poor quality. Those eBay springs are plain rubbish, every vehicle I've been in that had eBay springs was bouncy and rode awful. I wouldn't be surprised at all if all 4 springs had different rates, just from poor manufacturer quality control. Those eBay "coilovers" are really just cheap adjustable lowering springs.

And Stagg shocks, I've heard good and bad about them, their company website is very sketchy. A cheap shock is a cheap shock though.

If you want to lower your car for cheap, without having the bounciness of eBay springs, then I say get yourself a good set of lowering springs and see what happens then. Eibach, Tokico, Tein, Skunk2.

If you want to lower your car, and make it handle better at the same time, get yourself a package set of coilovers + struts. Tein, Skunk2, and Ksports all make great coilover sets.

Kingz91EX
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by Kingz91EX »

yea that was my plan to go with the coil over + strut package the stuff I have on now is a temporary wasn't as a permanent fix... thanks