Lower strut bars

Anything 4th gen TECH related

Kingz91EX
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Lower strut bars

Post by Kingz91EX »

I was wondering if I"m slamming my car should I or should not use the lower strut bars front/back... :scratch:

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Re: Lower strut bars

Post by el_jelly »

Lower tie bars. If you slam it a lot the rear one will be very close to the ground and sooner or later you will hit something with it. Some bars have a design that goes down making it lower, others are straight or a little higher than the mounting points so they clear the ground better. Front lower tie bars, I don't find those useful at all.
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)
Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread

91B16AHB
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by 91B16AHB »

Agree with ^ Lower tie bars seem excessive for our chasis design and low weight, can't see how they would improve responsiveness much except maybe under the most extreme conditions. Plus it would suck to catch the rear on something at speed.
And will an acura crx seat on the 90's era fit my 90 dx?

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

Forgot to mention deddth had a incident with a broken rear lower tie bar....
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)
Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread

cougar289
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by cougar289 »

I really like tie bars, I'm a big supporter of chassis rigidity. The more solid you can make a chassis the better. The solid ones are the best, I prefer custom made without hinges/pivot points. Stay away from the eBay ones with the pivot points though.

I had upper, lower, front, rear steel tie bars on my 1990 hatch, fabricated by me. They made a noticeable difference in the way the car felt, just felt more "solid". I even made door bars for my Mazda Miata, and they helped immensely since it was a convertible.

gtviper2178
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by gtviper2178 »

id go with a subframe brace over a single tie bar but for our cars, barring them up is a step in the right direction.