What do you do for a living ?

Anything not 4th gen related
ApocalypseXL
L3 - Bolt ons
L3 - Bolt ons

What do you do for a living ?

Post by ApocalypseXL »

I'm curious what we're doing for a living . Are there any billionaires among us :P ? Any rocket scientists O0 ? Any ninjas :evil3: ?

I'll start . I'm a students in the second year of my master degree . For a living i repair computers , cars and renovate houses . I also transport stuff an people from A-B , buy computers , car parts , mobiles & various stuff and resell it . And last but not least i make websites , make videos on demand (mostly fake a video or film people at events) , fake photos and scare people into paying their debts ;D .

I'm also a certified technician architect and computer technician .

So what what do you guys do for a living ?
17.03.2011- A good day for me

Sandman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: What do you do for a living ?

Post by Sandman »

I know we had an old topic about this. Can't find it so there. :D

At the moment: Nothing. I'll be starting a new job in a few weeks. Collecting car parts from storage and sending them out to customers.

Before that I've done a good deal of different stuff. I worked at a meat processing plant when ever I had the time from 02 to 07. I've also worked in a big local paper: making adverts. I've been working in DHL storage shipping only Nokia phone parts(this was within the Nokia complex) and then terminal work for a major chain.

But so far the best job I've had was a summer job I had at a racing team. All sorts of rides from Formula fords to saloon racing(Sport 2000) :)
Stand up and fight!
1988 Civic HB 1.6i-16(D16A9) R63 "Rio Red" Member ride topic
1989 Civic 4D 1.6i (D16A7) Asturias Gray Metallic(sold)
2015 Accord Sport Business
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

Dave
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by Dave »

im a full time uni student doing a double degree (masters in podiatry and human biology and anatomy), i hope to do a surgical residence and then specialize in lower limb. for work i do weekends at an independent tool shop, and am a semi-pro boxer. ;D

Tursaanpoika
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Post by Tursaanpoika »

I've worked where Sandman used to, at Nokia - crappy place.. After 11 months I got fed up and changed over to Teleste. People were getting sacked and after surviving three rounds, I got a permanent (what's permanent these days?) job @ Finnish Led-Signs oy, a subsidiary of Revenio Group Inc. What I do there? Mainly we make price displays for gas stations, and this includes assembling the circuit boards with an old board assembler, soldering them with Iemme Venus, visual inspection, coating them with lacquer, handsoldering connectors etc. programming the said master-cards and finally attaching them to framework, testing the whole shebang and palleting them to be sent.

Check http://www.finnishled-signs.com/englanti/etusivu.cfm for better description:P

popslovescivic
L2 - MPFI
L2 - MPFI

Post by popslovescivic »

I work in a warehouse.
It's kinda cool and the pay ain't so bad. :disgust:
Someday she's gonna be sweet, but for now she's just sassy

2 Stroke Toy Chest
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by 2 Stroke Toy Chest »

I work at a hotel and spa in sothern claifornia
doing data entry and audit
before that security at a local club

also a rolling classifed ad
and self employed entrapuener of holistic remedys

4HONDAgen

Post by 4HONDAgen »

I work in a thermopower plant and im the operater.

gtviper2178
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by gtviper2178 »

i work in a library stacking books, but everyone refers me as the "speeding librarian" :D

Victor
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by Victor »

I work part time at Target and am also a full time student at a community college going towards some subject I'm really not interested in. I pretty much spend my days going to school, doing homework, going to work, then sleeping. all day every day.

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

Well, I hope you change your field of study at college to something you like more. Studying things that you hate will make you feel miserable in the future. ::)
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)
Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread

gtviper2178
L5 - Built Motor
L5 - Built Motor

Post by gtviper2178 »

lol im doing the same thing. community college, work, car then sleep everyday. still unsure of what i want to do. id like to do mechanics but everyone has a very different opinion on the major.

el_jelly
L6 - Race Bred
L6 - Race Bred

Post by el_jelly »

Something that could complement or help in the profession you choose. If you want to go in the mechanics field to work strictly with cars and on your own then a major in management, business adm. or finance may help a lot. Want to work in a car company, dealership, etc then a major in the ones mentioned or also in economics, human resources, psychology, accounting or some general science may help you in the long run to climb the management ladder. Forget those areas like engineering, IT and computer science, those are too focused on theory and not real world application like car mech.
IHeartMySTD wrote: We all know we like our women and cars with D's, not B's!!!! ;)
Where most of the questions are already answered > Engine swap guide, FAQs and Index thread

Victor
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by Victor »

Haha yeah that's what I'm feeling right now. Like my only interest is in cars right now and I would love to open a shop in the future or something but I question how financially stable I would be. Not to mention my parents are giving me crap about becoming a doctor or lawyer. Blah

somedude88
L4 - Forced Induction
L4 - Forced Induction

Post by somedude88 »

In a community college for the past 3 years for a two year degree in an applied science in computer support, thinking about going for alternative energies, after i get a two year degree ill go to a four year degree college.

Everyone tells me I should be in engineering as that is where my passion is. But for now I'm finishing what I started at least for two years. I also do carpet cleaning with my father and laptop sales on the side anything to make money on eBay. Sold IPADS when they come out, big easy moneymaker 300-500 profit on each just selling it abroad. But all that money is gone already, it all went to student debt... but it set me even, with whatever, ebay, paypal and the gvrmt didn't take :-) Not to mention the new engine I put in my ef baby :)

Victor
L1 - DPFI
L1 - DPFI

Post by Victor »

Is it just me or are you feeling like school is a big waste of money right now?